Depression

Are you still on the sertraline?
I am fella. Although for me, there was a good combination of getting the timing of meds and some counselling.

Been suffering recently. Had no issues ever in 20+ years of work, then had a breakdown at work around 3 weeks ago through workload, being left on my own, no gaffer to report to etc. Shaking, crying, freezing cold and sickness with nerves. Doc appointment resulted in sicknote for anxiety and stress. Scary how it comes on, work have accepted they are at fault. Back this week, hopefully all goes ok.
I feel for everyone going through worse / gone through similar.

It's amazing how this sort of stuff creeps up on you.

I've had a low couple of weeks recently, fortunately me boss is ok with me working at home, and my team know how to get hold. I've been honest with the guys that work for me so they know when I'm having a dive.

Is anyone taking sertraline on here?

Ive been on 50mg pd for a few months now. After the first month, things definitely got better. But for the last 3-4 weeks, I've noticed I'm getting periods of nausea almost every day, and I've been getting headaches. I'm wondering if its the tablets?
Been on them for a couple of years. They work for me just by levelling me out.

Last edited:
I know depression is a chemical imbalance, but environmental factors don’t help.

Started work fainally yesterday, let go this morning for somerging in my past showing on the form they finally got round to checking.

Almost in bloody tears.

Back to the library looking for another job not to get.

I know depression is a chemical imbalance, but environmental factors don’t help.

Started work fainally yesterday, let go this morning for somerging in my past showing on the form they finally got round to checking.

Almost in bloody tears.

They sacked you after a day? Jesus Christ, sorry to hear that mate.

Almost in bloody tears.

Gutted for you mate :cry:

@Bishop Mackem I got made redundant in October last year, spunked the pay off I got away on living expenses and didn't work again for 5 months.

Finally got a job at one of the places I'd looked at previously but they weren't hiring, made plenty of friends and loved the job. They peddled me on the final day of my probation because the company lost a major client and had to let people go. They made two people redundant and got rid of me.

It ended up being a blessing in disguise and things eventually worked out for the better, and I'm in a better place now than I was this time last year even though I had no intentions of leaving my old, old job.

Chin up, you don't know what's round the corner.

Struggling with sertraline at the moment

How long have you been on it for? I’ve been taking it since March, started off on 50mg and was put upto 100mg a couple month after. First couple weeks were pretty bad but I’m a totally different person now from what I was back then. Feeling confident and positive. I’m going to the gym most days which also helps. I’d happily stop on these tablets to stay the person that I am now.

How long have you been on it for? I’ve been taking it since March, started off on 50mg and was put upto 100mg a couple month after. First couple weeks were pretty bad but I’m a totally different person now from what I was back then. Feeling confident and positive. I’m going to the gym most days which also helps. I’d happily stop on these tablets to stay the person that I am now.
Cheers for the reply marra only 3weeks been getting headaches sickness and tremors as well as pins n needles in head I'm guessing the tablets are trial and error. I get physio for back n shoulders but get chest and stomach pains think they want to see if mental side is making some issues worse I just feel awful mood wise and a bit useless.

I do, i’ve learnt to live with it as well now without meds. Some days worse than others, but personally it would have to get pretty bad for me to try meds again.

Its quite frightening just how many even on here are suffering from it in one form or another. Its also quite good that so many are willing to talk about it

Agree with last part.

Years back folk would have played the hard lad and suffered massively.

Chin up lads/lasses, however hard that is.

Agree with last part.

Years back folk would have played the hard lad and suffered massively.

Chin up lads/lasses, however hard that is.
What do you mean years back? for all the "time to talk" and organisations like the one I work for having "mental health Champions/first aiders" it still very much is man up and crack on with it

Back