Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugh, this Fluoxitine / Prozac withdrawal is really dragging on.

Went 1 tablet every other day for 3 weeks, then came off them about 21st Dec. So I'm 4 weeks in now, and its f***ing shit.
The weird thing is that I get super-tired, and then totally dizzy, disorientated, nauseous. Its horrible. Usually an hour's lie down helps though, but it seems all I want to do right now is sleep.

Anyone else done this? I'm reading that this can go on for 3 months!!!!!!!

Doesn't help that the twins have been rotten for sleeping this week, so I'm up 4-5 times every night. Its really not great.
I find it hard to drink moderately when out. I always start with the intention of spreading 4 or 5 pints out over the day but usually end up doing that in about 2 hours before slowing down. It sounds daft but even with my mates I've known for years I am shy and a few pints gets the conversation going.
I still haven't had a drink. Felt like it yesterday when I was feeling rotten, but decided against.

I'm going to have to really try to learn how to drink moderately when I'm out or I think I might just give up drinking "out" altogether. I think a drink in the house is probably going to be ok for me though. For some reason, its totally different.
A relative is suffering from severe anxiety and severe depression and is struggling to get correct treatment through GP so is considering going private and looking for a recommended consultant in the N.E. Can anyone offer any suggestions please?
Depending on post-codes (I guess), but GPs refer people to "Talking Changes" where I live, but actually, you don't need the GP, you can just ring up and ask to register yourself - all the first call is, is to arrange in initial chat to discussion the available options. So there's no harm in calling them.

Working in partnership with Sunderland Counselling Services, delivering counselling services in County Durham and Darlington.

Last edited:

Went 1 tablet every other day for 3 weeks, then came off them about 21st Dec. So I'm 4 weeks in now, and its f***ing shit.
The weird thing is that I get super-tired, and then totally dizzy, disorientated, nauseous. Its horrible. Usually an hour's lie down helps though, but it seems all I want to do right now is sleep.

Doesn't help that the twins have been rotten for sleeping this week, so I'm up 4-5 times every night. Its really not great.

I still haven't had a drink. Felt like it yesterday when I was feeling rotten, but decided against.

I'm going to have to really try to learn how to drink moderately when I'm out or I think I might just give up drinking "out" altogether. I think a drink in the house is probably going to be ok for me though. For some reason, its totally different.

I've not been out yet this year. Drank at home 3 times but only 4 cans on two occasions and 4 rum and cokes the other. Possibly at a birthday party next Saturday if we can get a babysitter but will be with my lass so it will be easier to pace myself.

Depending on post-codes (I guess), but GPs refer people to "Talking Changes" where I live, but actually, you don't need the GP, you can just ring up and ask to register yourself - all the first call is, is to arrange in initial chat to discussion the available options. So there's no harm in calling them.

Working in partnership with Sunderland Counselling Services, delivering counselling services in County Durham and Darlington.
Thanks counselling has just started, just fear the worst and trying to prepare for going private if necessary but hopefully not.

Had a really up and down few days. which has ended up with me today drinking again.

spoke to the metal health team and was told its 56 weeks before I will get to speak to someone, really don't know how I can hang on that long, thought I was close to the front of the queue after waitng 16 weeks already, was a real kicj in the nuts to be honest so got pissed, really not sure wha to do now, Christ really soory but don't have any one to talk too

Had a really up and down few days. which has ended up with me today drinking again.

spoke to the metal health team and was told its 56 weeks before I will get to speak to someone, really don't know how I can hang on that long, thought I was close to the front of the queue after waitng 16 weeks already, was a real kicj in the nuts to be honest so got pissed, really not sure wha to do now, Christ really soory but don't have any one to talk too
Good luck mate.

Maybean atgument for another day but millions spent on smackrats yet folk in proper need being told a year.

scandelous.

Good luck mate.

Maybean atgument for another day but millions spent on smackrats yet folk in proper need being told a year.

scandelous.

Thank you, been holding it together as I thought this help was around the corner, so when told another 56 weels blown me away, arse dropped out and felt like Christ how the hell do I wait that long?

done the wrong thing like getting drunk, wife will kill me when she gets home and sees the state I am in, was hoping speaking to these people would help, don't have anone else but 56 weeks is a long wait, thank you for the well wishes mate.

Sorry to hear it mate.

First thing is don't apologise for how you feel and reaching out, there's nothing to apologise for.
There's always someone to listen, wether it's here, a friend, a family member or a professional.
You'd be suprised how many people want to help when they know you aren't doing great. You don't have to say I'm depressed or whatever, tell someone you're not having a good time at the moment. Ask if they'll listen to you without judging for a while. People are generally helpful but they can't help if they don't know.
Sometimes hearing yourself speak can trigger you to think of ways to help yourself.

Get on Google and have a look for support groups in your area and see if they'll suit you.

You could look online for support forums. This thread is great but there's other places too.

Read other people's stories, you can find tips from reading about how others have fought against whatever your feeling.

There's phone services like Samaritans if you want to talk over the phone.

Then there's your GP.

I know it's easier said than done but don't ever feel alone, there's always someone to speak to.

Last edited:

56 weeks is insane. Have you tried the self refer links I posted the other day to see if you can see anyone sooner?

What's done is done with the drink. Just put it behind you as a bad day and move on.

I'm not a professional but if you ever want to talk to some random internet bint, you can PM me. Look after yourself mate xx

thank you for the reply @rudd @becs

seems I just have to wait, the team that deals with PTSD has a long waiting list, just wasn't expecting it to be this long, at the GP on Friday about pills and have put my forms in for help with long term payments for them, so hopeful that will help.

thank you for the reply @rudd @becs

seems I just have to wait, the team that deals with PTSD has a long waiting list, just wasn't expecting it to be this long, at the GP on Friday about pills and have put my forms in for help with long term payments for them, so hopeful that will help.
Good on you mate. Hope it goes well and like Becs said I'm on here pretty often if you want to offload or chat (I'm not a bint though, sorry)

I'll leave these here too, they might help if you fancy a read.

First off happy new year all and hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected.

Had a up and down sort of holiday period, but decided to make some changes after I broke down the other morning, woke up early went down stairs, started making breakfast for the family and just started to sob, which turn into a full on crying thing, just couldn't stop, no idea where the hell it came from or why it started but afterwards I did feel a bit better.

anyway about these changes.

Its been 5 days with no booze, I hope I can keep off it as I am always worse after a drink, also gone plant based for my food hoping to try and beat this thing with some healthily living, I need to find a way to get out the house more, realized today its been a few weeks since I left the house for any reason, last time was a visit to the doctors, just cant bring myself to go out, that's something I have to fix.

So I could use some advice, bit embarrassed but I don't have an income at the moment, my wife is supporting me but its not fair on her, I have decided I need to support myself asap but stuck in a nasty circle, how the hell can I find work when I cant even leave the bloody house, Its been so long since I last worked anyway it was going to be hard, but with this bloody darkness all the time its making things nearly impossible, so I think I will need to go on the pills to get better, but I don't think its fair that my wife should have to pay for them for me.

Never had to deal with benefits before and no idea how these things work, but would I be able to go on the sick and then be able to get help with NHS costs like pills and such, or would I not be allowed due to my wife working? I have no idea but was thinking if even if it was just for a few months to let the pills kick in it would make me well enough to get out and back into the work force?

Havent spoke to the wife about this idea, bit ashamed about it all to be honest, as I am really lucky compared to so many other people, have food in my belly and a roof over my head, many more people much more in need of help, just thought it could be a way to help break this deadlock, unless anyone knows of a way to find work that you could do from home, I reckon I could manage that, just not found anything.

Maybe a shit suggestion but if your discipliened enough get on the extra coin thread on here to make a bit of pocket money which might help you out/take away a little guilt.
It’ll also ocupy a canny bit time which may help with shit thought/drinking when bored mate.

Maybe a shit suggestion but if your discipliened enough get on the extra coin thread on here to make a bit of pocket money which might help you out/take away a little guilt.
It’ll also ocupy a canny bit time which may help with shit thought/drinking when bored mate.
Yep because gambling is an ideal coping mechanism for depression. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Can not believe what I have just heard here like, this place never fails to amaze.

NO NO NO do not fall into the gambling hole as well

Yep because gambling is an ideal coping mechanism for depression. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Can not believe what I have just heard here like, this place never fails to amaze.

Was more matched betting with zero risk but aye shit suggestion fair enough.

something needed to ocupy the mind however.

Been binned for about six job applications in one go today, including the fire service. Then had a letter through the door off the council asking for £700 for the bairns nursery fees that I can’t pay as Student Finance England have completely fucked up my childcare payments off last year and now want money from me.

Just can’t catch a break at the moment. No money no job and living in me mams spare room. Can’t even have me kids around for more than a few hours because me mam starts to kick off.

Been binned for about six job applications in one go today, including the fire service. Then had a letter through the door off the council asking for £700 for the bairns nursery fees that I can’t pay as Student Finance England have completely fucked up my childcare payments off last year and now want money from me.

Just can’t catch a break at the moment. No money no job and living in me mams spare room. Can’t even have me kids around for more than a few hours because me mam starts to kick off.
Sometimes, it seems the world is against you mate - it happens to us all. A break will come!

That's rough luck marra. Keep plodding on with the applications and you'll get there.

Explain to the council what's going on rather than just ignoring the bill. They might be more willing to help if you are honest about your situation.

If I win owt on the lottery, I'll send you the money to cover the bill :D

There's a free Kindle / Audiobook offer on Amazon for understanding CBT at the moment

Might be of some help to someone

There's a free Kindle / Audiobook offer on Amazon for understanding CBT at the moment

Might be of some help to someone
Alright for nowt like 👍

It would have been my Dads 75th birthday today. He was my father, my friend, my confidant, my shoulder to cry on. I was 29 when I lost him, my life has never been the same since. My mum followed him 11 months later. Today has felt like a much harder day than usual.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back