Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have the doctors still not got to the root cause of the stomach pain / nausea?
I had ulcers and inflmatmation a while back but i still seem to be bad most of my listed problems most days for three years the sickness has stopped since iv started on cycloxine but apparently i can only be on that 6 weeks

I had ulcers and inflmatmation a while back but i still seem to be bad most of my listed problems most days for three years the sickness has stopped since iv started on cycloxine but apparently i can only be on that 6 weeks

Unfortunately I expect the cyclizine will only be masking the symptoms. Obviously it could be any number of things but have you been checked for things like a hiatus hernia, cyclical vomiting sydrome or gastroparesis?

Naturally I don't know you but it sounds like your depression stems, at least in part, from your health issues and I'd assume that getting those sorted would help to a fair extent.

The downside is you often have to be pushy with doctors to get them to take the next investigative step. I was told my nausea and reflux was down to my SSRIs, turned out I actually had a hiatus hernia and non-acid reflux. One operation later and it was all sorted...

Last edited:
Unfortunately I expect the cyclizine will only be masking the symptoms. Obviously it could be any number of things but have you been checked for things like a hiatus hernia, cyclical vomiting sydrome or gastroparesis?

Naturally I don't know you but it sounds like your depression stems, at least in part, from your health issues and I'd assume that getting those sorted would help to a fair extent.

The downside is you often have to be pushy with doctors to get them to take the next investigative step. I was told my nausea and reflux was down to my SSRIs, turned out I actually had a hiatus hernia and non-acid reflux. One operation later and it was all sorted...
Yeh it took ages for them to do endoscopy and scans and that's what I was thinking if i stop taking cycloxine i might be bad again and i have had gastroenteritis, im getting physio for my back, i actually think the headaches could be my anti depressants they also make me constantly hungry.

Yeh it took ages for them to do endoscopy and scans and that's what I was thinking if i stop taking cycloxine i might be bad again and i have had gastroenteritis, im getting physio for my back, i actually think the headaches could be my anti depressants they also make me constantly hungry.

To be fair it's entirely possible that the anti depressants could be causing the nausea as well. Have you been on the same type the whole time or have you tried different ones?

To be fair it's entirely possible that the anti depressants could be causing the nausea as well. Have you been on the same type the whole time or have you tried different ones?
I was on sertraline but my headaches were worse then and i used to be constantly shattered on an afternoon now im on mitztrapine i just seem to get side effects of things so sometimes its hard to tell what is my poor health or whats the medication, iv actually got an appointment today but the letter didn't say what for.

I was on sertraline but my headaches were worse then and i used to be constantly shattered on an afternoon now im on mitztrapine i just seem to get side effects of things so sometimes its hard to tell what is my poor health or whats the medication, iv actually got an appointment today but the letter didn't say what for.

Well I hope you get to the bottom of the health issues, as I say I think that may take a lot off your shoulders. Just keep ploughing on.

Well I hope you get to the bottom of the health issues, as I say I think that may take a lot off your shoulders. Just keep ploughing on.
Yeh its affecting other things like job hunting as well
I got 2lots of bloods taken at my diebetic appointment last week and its usually just one, anyway i get a letter saying i need bp test and heart rate check can only think something might have come up, my doctor the other day wasn't sure why i had letter to go see them so bit of a waste of time mind there letting me stay on cycloxine.

Last edited:
Never post on here but have a peruse now and again and always seems a bit of sage advice floating about.

Not sure how to frame this, but here goes anyway, my mum died pretty suddenly 3 weeks or so ago, and the funeral was today, and I feel nothing, or rather I kinda just feel 'numb' if that makes sense since she died. The service was a blur and it just kinda seemed like a weird dream going through it and seeing the extended family and old friends from years back

I kinda kept busy working after she died as I thought better to be as busy as possible, than to dwell on thinking about it overly.

Is this normal or am I some kind of sociopathic fruitcake?

...didn't really wanna bother the wife or any of the family with it as I guess they've got their own stuff to go through with this

Last edited:
Never post on here but have a peruse now and again and always seems a bit of sage advice floating about.

Not sure how to frame this, but here goes anyway, my mum died pretty suddenly 3 weeks or so ago, and the funeral was today, and I feel nothing, or rather I kinda just feel 'numb' if that makes sense since she died. The service was a blur and it just kinda seemed like a weird dream going through it and seeing the extended family and old friends from years back

I kinda kept busy working after she died as I thought better to be as busy as possible, than to dwell on thinking about it overly.

...didn't really wanna bother the wife or any of the family with it as I guess they've got their own stuff to go through with this

I'm so sorry about your loss. I would say it's normal, sounds like you're still in shock, then the grief will kick in. Talk about it to someone, anyone, us on here.

So sorry to hear that. It's really hard losing a parent.

I alternated between feeling numb and getting on with things and then struggling with my Dad. If I was keeping busy I was ok and like yourself I just felt numbness. It hit me when I was on my own and certain trigger things - mainly football as that what we talked about the most.

It hits people in different ways and there's no right or wrong way of dealing with it or coping with it. As long as you are looking after yourself and feel fine, just keep doing what you are doing. We're here if you need anything. Take care xx

So sorry to hear that. It's really hard losing a parent.

I alternated between feeling numb and getting on with things and then struggling with my Dad. If I was keeping busy I was ok and like yourself I just felt numbness. It hit me when I was on my own and certain trigger things - mainly football as that what we talked about the most.

It hits people in different ways and there's no right or wrong way of dealing with it or coping with it. As long as you are looking after yourself and feel fine, just keep doing what you are doing. We're here if you need anything. Take care xx
Thanks becs, and yeh it seems to hit everyone different I just couldn’t see why it wasn’t hitting me like it did everyone else in the family and your probably right in the respect that I’ve just kept myself busy organising stuff and when not doing that just working to fill the rest of the time in so I didn’t have to think so much about it as others are depending on me so they aren’t burdened with all the crap that comes along with it.
As always I’ll just kept trudging on as dwelling on things isn’t going to help anyone feel better about mum if I’m all at odds too.
Sorry again about your dad becs

Special mention to the person who pm’d me too, they’ve helped a lot putting things in perspective in the great scheme of things

Thanks becs, and yeh it seems to hit everyone different I just couldn’t see why it wasn’t hitting me like it did everyone else in the family and your probably right in the respect that I’ve just kept myself busy organising stuff and when not doing that just working to fill the rest of the time in so I didn’t have to think so much about it as others are depending on me so they aren’t burdened with all the crap that comes along with it.
As always I’ll just kept trudging on as dwelling on things isn’t going to help anyone feel better about mum if I’m all at odds too.
Sorry again about your dad becs

Special mention to the person who pm’d me too, they’ve helped a lot putting things in perspective in the great scheme of things
Great to hear, best to try and talk with as many liked minded people as you can. God bless you

Wow sounds very familiar, you are most certainly not in a fruitcake state.
Very difficult times, and in the months ahead I discovered it came in waves, bloody git big ones.
The loss of a parent in your life can never be underestimated, but until they go it’s difficult to understand the impact it has.
In my experience I didn’t want to share my grief with anyone, including my wife, I pushed her away foolishly.
I should have sought help, as I needed to talk about it to someone, but didn’t.
Keeping busy helps without a doubt, but it will come back and punch you in the guts.
Over time it most certainly gets better and life does go on, but talking is a huge help.
You aint alone and what your going through unfortunately is normal, but hurts like nothing else, because of the love you had with you mum.
Don’t let it reck your life though, your comments above has helped me in a way as I thought I was the only one who didn’t want to share his grief with anyone else including the wife.
To this day, my brother and sister don’t know where our mothers ashes are buried, they never asked I didn’t tell them.
5 years later it’s still there and if I’m honest I have grown to accept it, because it brings back loving memories and makes me realise what’s really important in my life, and it’s not Boris Johnson 😉

Wow sounds very familiar, you are most certainly not in a fruitcake state.
Very difficult times, and in the months ahead I discovered it came in waves, bloody git big ones.
The loss of a parent in your life can never be underestimated, but until they go it’s difficult to understand the impact it has.
In my experience I didn’t want to share my grief with anyone, including my wife, I pushed her away foolishly.
I should have sought help, as I needed to talk about it to someone, but didn’t.
Keeping busy helps without a doubt, but it will come back and punch you in the guts.
Over time it most certainly gets better and life does go on, but talking is a huge help.
You aint alone and what your going through unfortunately is normal, but hurts like nothing else, because of the love you had with you mum.
Don’t let it reck your life though, your comments above has helped me in a way as I thought I was the only one who didn’t want to share his grief with anyone else including the wife.
To this day, my brother and sister don’t know where our mothers ashes are buried, they never asked I didn’t tell them.
5 years later it’s still there and if I’m honest I have grown to accept it, because it brings back loving memories and makes me realise what’s really important in my life, and it’s not Boris Johnson 😉
Wise words indeed marra

Sorry to hear that pal. There's nothing wrong with you at all. It's probable that you're just doing what you need to do, at some point you might feel a bit more traditional grief but you might not, you might just process things while you crack on. Don't feel guilty for not being emotional 'enough'. Like you say you're focusing on being right for the living it's just your way.
If you ever need a bit quiet word drop me a line. ;)

I am usually on quite a rollercoaster but the last 10 days have been a huge down. Have a silly situation at home to deal with which has gone on for a while but starting to weigh down, work has been tough and I have fallen out of my usual daily routines which are very important to me. Have hardly slept for 10 days or more. End up spiraling down quite quickly.

I have to force myself to get out the house tomorrow and walk. I need to walk as far as possible so I can feel connected to the world again and wear myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back