Depression

I guess it wont be as bad but you never know even little things bug me im 29 but the course leader wanted us to play pictionary last week i literally have drawing of three year old i refused but daft things get to me.
I can sympathise with that mate. Any kind of team building/bonding type stuff make me very anxious.

Iv had them in worse situations like ice breakers in interviews i guess dont do what makes you feel awkward then deal with it i have no confidence in myself at all.
Same mate. Massive part of why I'm in a crap job. I just could not pass an interview as a young un and I'm now stuck in a rut. Shite it is.

Struggling a bit. Several bad things happened over the last couple of weeks, my health is poor again and I still really miss my Dad.

Been in some very dark places the last 10 year, self harm, being arrested and wanting to end it all and all that stuff. I’ve had crisis teams to my door, close to being sectioned.

One thing you learn, as cliche as it is, is things always get better. Best thing I ever done was went to my GP who referred me to grange park, seen a counsellor there for months and it worked wonders. Anyone who’s feeling like shite, my dm’s are always open. Just no dick pics.

Been in some very dark places the last 10 year, self harm, being arrested and wanting to end it all and all that stuff. I’ve had crisis teams to my door, close to being sectioned.

One thing you learn, as cliche as it is, is things always get better. Best thing I ever done was went to my GP who referred me to grange park, seen a counsellor there for months and it worked wonders. Anyone who’s feeling like shite, my dm’s are always open. Just no dick pics.
You had me until that last sentence, what a buzzkill. :p

But seriously, though, I'm glad to see that you have improved and that you took the right steps to get better. We all need help sometimes, professional or otherwise, and reaching out for it is the first step!

Anyone who doesn't fancy speaking to a counsellor but wants to ring someone who will just listen to them, remember Samaritans are there on 116 123. You don't have to be suicidal!

You had me until that last sentence, what a buzzkill. :p

But seriously, though, I'm glad to see that you have improved and that you took the right steps to get better. We all need help sometimes, professional or otherwise, and reaching out for it is the first step!

Anyone who doesn't fancy speaking to a counsellor but wants to ring someone who will just listen to them, remember Samaritans are there on 116 123. You don't have to be suicidal!
Once jokingly set one of the lads a Grindr account up, got sent numerous photos without asking so please don’t haha. I dragged stuff out, suffered too long and my behaviour suffered massively due to it. Everything gets better, the last four year I’ve got an amazing partner and a beautiful daughter. Best place I’ve been in a long time. Still have the odd dark day, but I’ve learned too much now to let it get the better of me.

Production in a factory mate. Mind numbing but physically hard work and even though I'm only 35 it's tough on me.
My brother was in the same place, a production job where the shifts take their toll. Although a really supportive workplace and somewhere he made great, lifelong friends he wasn’t seeing his family and wasn’t happy.

Fast forward 3 years and he owns his own taxi and works his own hours making decent money. Much happier in general and all I hear off him is about his fares etc. It is possible to make a change and take back control!

What sorts of things have been happening, if you don't mind my asking?

Build up of lots of things.
Still struggling with the loss of my Dad.
Younger son moved out a couple of weeks ago and I miss him.
Older son unwell with depression and I'm supporting him.
Had threatening and abusive emails from someone.
Car broke down and needed repairs.
Washer died and needed replacing.
Still poorly with PMDD. Not on the meds I should be on due to botched surgery last year.
Crohns flared up. Got pain, diarrhoea, random joint pain, fatigue etc.
Just not enjoying life right now.

Still poorly with PMDD. Not on the meds I should be on due to botched surgery last year.
Things won't always be this bad. Just need to take one day at a time and keep going. You should be proud of the support you give other people on here

Well, you'd have to be some sort of masochist to be enjoying all of that! It never rains, but it pours, eh?

It's hard to support others like your son if you're not in a good place yourself; do you have someone you can talk to about how you're feeling?

My brother was in the same place, a production job where the shifts take their toll. Although a really supportive workplace and somewhere he made great, lifelong friends he wasn’t seeing his family and wasn’t happy.

Fast forward 3 years and he owns his own taxi and works his own hours making decent money. Much happier in general and all I hear off him is about his fares etc. It is possible to make a change and take back control!
Finding something different to do where I would make similar money would probably help. I have alot of time with my family but being tired and irritable all the time means it isn't enough quality time.

Really struggling at the minute.

Feel completely hopeless and that I would be better off topping myself. I’m just so sick of feeling shite all the time, it gets exhausting.

Really struggling at the minute.

Feel completely hopeless and that I would be better off topping myself. I’m just so sick of feeling shite all the time, it gets exhausting.

It's just a bad moment in time mate, that sounds simplistic, but that is what it is, the bad moment will pass and you can ride it out. When you do ride it out you realise that you can ride the next one and then next. Do not give up!

Back