Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt get away with sertraline gave me palputatipns and headaches mind the new ones I'm on mitzrapine I'm constantly hungry and I'm diabetic but have a sweet tooth it's frustrating

I think side effects when starting them is pretty common. It took me a while to get used to them, it affected my arse more than anything but I have IBS anyway so sensitive in that area.

I think side effects when starting them is pretty common. It took me a while to get used to them, it affected my arse more than anything but I have IBS anyway so sensitive in that area.
I was on them months marra and still getting them, and well Iv had ulcers in stomach gastritis, inflammation in intestines all sorts chest stomach back pain and sickness at least 3-4probems 95percent of the time for 3 years, plus I'm very negative lack confidence etc

I'm on 200mg of Sertraline a day. I get the tremors a lot, and fart like there's no tomorrow :lol: My sex drive has certainly waned, too, though that may be just getting older.

Couldnt get away with sertraline gave me palputatipns and headaches mind the new ones I'm on mitzrapine I'm constantly hungry and I'm diabetic but have a sweet tooth it's frustrating

Aye wasn't keen on Sertraline at all. Made me drowsy which effected my performance at work and made my anxiety even worse

Was never offered Sertraline.... Got given Citalopram for anxiety, started at 10mg and worked up to 20mg but the higher dose made me feel spaced out and woolly headed so I'm back on 10mg

Saw the doc today. Have had increasingly darker thoughts that in no way would I ever contemplate acting upon.

Getting a full mental health assessment tomorrow and strying on Sertraline 200mg.
How long you been on sertraline, judging by the level of dose a while? Ask if the person who does your MHR is a prescriber and if so ask for a second opinion meds review..lf it's a shrink they may have something they can just add alongside it given the increase in darker thought. Make sure you get referred for talking therapy too, can't harm.

How does depression and having mental health concerns usually seem to result in:

Stopping off work.

I’m not sure I see an automatic correlation? Is it more an agoraphobia epidemic we see today? Doesn’t the thought of eventually having to return to work actually cause more anxiety?

I appreciate this isn’t in keeping with the 289 page mental health love in but they are genuine questions, so theres no need to be a dick when responding. I’m more than well versed in people having mental health issues before anyone starts.

I don’t think there’s any need to call people looking out for each other a ‘love in’

That’s a pretty condescending attitude, a lot of people post on this thread because the anonymity helps them to get out what they feel but can’t say anywhere else. It’s helped me a lot in the past and there’s no agenda at all.

Maybe ask your questions in a less abrasive manner in future?

I don’t think there’s any need to call people looking out for each other a ‘love in’

That’s a pretty condescending attitude, a lot of people post on this thread because the anonymity helps them to get out what they feel but can’t say anywhere else. It’s helped me a lot in the past and there’s no agenda at all.

Maybe ask your questions in a less abrasive manner in future?
A week after my “no need to be a dick when responding” request (which prompted some great well thought out sensible and informative replies), someone just had to oblige didn’t they.

It's been a while since I posted, fortunately I am still in a good place right now. I had sat down with a therapist (three actually) this year to try and get to the bottom of my issues. I wish I could say that the therapists worked, but I find the people I have spoken with are too quick to suggest a chemical solution rather than working to the root cause of the issues. As a result I decided against working with a therapist and moved to keeping a diary, this diary has been revolutionary for me... Not only have I wrote about the mundane shite that goes on in life, but I have also been able to track back to some of the events in the past that have been triggered my bad habits that have led me down a path to worsening depression. Being able to spot the triggers and knowing when I am being triggered is hugely helpful in maintaining my balance.

So at the moment the only thing I take on a regular basis are my Juice Plus supplements, between those and watching what I eat I also started back up with working out.... Spinning is my preferred workout and that has become more frequent as the saddle soreness eases. It's been a while since I have had any issues with anxiety and a bit longer since my last depressive trough.

Over the past 3 years dealing with things, I have gained over 80lbs, my go to in the down times is always food (preferably sweets and cake). The unhappier/more depressed I am the more I eat. The more I eat the unhappier/more depressed I would become... So you can see how gaining the weight has been so easy. At my heaviest I topped the scales at 327lbs (23.5 stone) and with the working out and better eating I am down not a huge amount but to 317lbs as I try to get back to the 200lb target I was comfortable at.

I don't know what my future holds, I don't know if I can keep the depression away or if the issues with anxiety will come back and fuck me up. What I do know is that I am motivated, I feel good and I am looking forward to each day which is such a refreshing change. Onwards and upwards.

As a side note, as I read some of your comments it makes me realize that things could be so much worse, I hope those of you who are suffering are able to find relief from your symptoms and can truly find some enjoyment in life.

It's been a while since I posted, fortunately I am still in a good place right now. I had sat down with a therapist (three actually) this year to try and get to the bottom of my issues. I wish I could say that the therapists worked, but I find the people I have spoken with are too quick to suggest a chemical solution rather than working to the root cause of the issues. As a result I decided against working with a therapist and moved to keeping a diary, this diary has been revolutionary for me... Not only have I wrote about the mundane shite that goes on in life, but I have also been able to track back to some of the events in the past that have been triggered my bad habits that have led me down a path to worsening depression. Being able to spot the triggers and knowing when I am being triggered is hugely helpful in maintaining my balance.

So at the moment the only thing I take on a regular basis are my Juice Plus supplements, between those and watching what I eat I also started back up with working out.... Spinning is my preferred workout and that has become more frequent as the saddle soreness eases. It's been a while since I have had any issues with anxiety and a bit longer since my last depressive trough.

Over the past 3 years dealing with things, I have gained over 80lbs, my go to in the down times is always food (preferably sweets and cake). The unhappier/more depressed I am the more I eat. The more I eat the unhappier/more depressed I would become... So you can see how gaining the weight has been so easy. At my heaviest I topped the scales at 327lbs (23.5 stone) and with the working out and better eating I am down not a huge amount but to 317lbs as I try to get back to the 200lb target I was comfortable at.

I don't know what my future holds, I don't know if I can keep the depression away or if the issues with anxiety will come back and fuck me up. What I do know is that I am motivated, I feel good and I am looking forward to each day which is such a refreshing change. Onwards and upwards.

As a side note, as I read some of your comments it makes me realize that things could be so much worse, I hope those of you who are suffering are able to find relief from your symptoms and can truly find some enjoyment in life.
Struggling to even look forward to my holiday on Tuesday

A week after my “no need to be a dick when responding” request (which prompted some great well thought out sensible and informative replies), someone just had to oblige didn’t they.

I don’t think that’s me being a dick, I think that’s me asking you to consider other people’s feelings, particularly on a thread like this when people are really struggling.

I understand you aren’t going through it at the moment and you may have questions about how people deal with things but it’s also a sensitive issue so there’s a way to ask as well.

Asking you to be more considerate isn’t a ‘dick’ move, it’s common decency.

I don’t think that’s me being a dick.
I do. You are the one thats adopted the patronising attitude. I’m well versed in people with Mental Health issues, I explained that in my message. From people who have suffered all their lives with deep underlying undiagnosed conditions, to those who use it as a trendy soundbyte, to those using it as an excuse to get a few weeks extra off work on full pay every year.

Good to hear. I was just thinking the other day that you look happier on Facebook.

I do. You are the one thats adopted the patronising attitude. I’m well versed in people with Mental Health issues, I explained that in my message. From people who have suffered all their lives with deep underlying undiagnosed conditions, to those who use it as a trendy soundbyte, to those using it as an excuse to get a few weeks extra off work on full pay every year.

I take your point, I think you’re kind of forced to take this group at face value. Particularly with the anonymity factor allowing people to open in a way that they feel they can’t elsewhere.

I understand your point regarding people abusing the system and using it as additional holiday also, my work place suffers badly from that.

If you felt I was patronising I apologise, that wasn’t my intention. There are a lot of fragile people that use and rely on this thread and that type of post isn’t really common place as it is on much of the rest of the board.

After letting things build up massively and wishing I was dead on a daily basis. I've finally burst.

I had a complete meltdown at work today and have finally got a sick note from my GP.

Going to be off for the next 6 weeks and then have the summer holidays (teacher) to get my head together. After today's discussion with senior leaders I don't see myself working in full time teaching again. God knows what I'm going to do.

Three years ago that was me mate. I did think about ending it every day. I got out of a job that I had become to hate. Same profession as you. I got help. All of that help sticks with me, but one bit really does stand out. 'It's a big wide world out there.' I left teaching behind and started something different. I took a year to retrain, get well again.

2 years and 2 months later since starting my new job away from a classroom.

Black dog has been nowhere near me. I feel happy. I look forward to each day at graft. I no longer have those thoughts. I no longer have to drink from a sealed cup because my shaking was that bad. My kids have their dad back. I don't have to put up with all the shit that goes with sertraline because i have been off it for two years. I owe Talking Therapy and the NHS so much.

It's really different having a job that you really enjoy. The claustrophobia and anxiety goes. You feel like you. At the end of my working day, I switch off mate.

Big world out there mate. I wish you all the best marra.

Three years ago that was me mate. I did think about ending it every day. I got out of a job that I had become to hate. Same profession as you. I got help. All of that help sticks with me, but one bit really does stand out. 'It's a big wide world out there.' I left teaching behind and started something different. I took a year to retrain, get well again.

2 years and 2 months later since starting my new job away from a classroom.

Black dog has been nowhere near me. I feel happy. I look forward to each day at graft. I no longer have those thoughts. I no longer have to drink from a sealed cup because my shaking was that bad. My kids have their dad back. I don't have to put up with all the shit that goes with sertraline because i have been off it for two years. I owe Talking Therapy and the NHS so much.

It's really different having a job that you really enjoy. The claustrophobia and anxiety goes. You feel like you. At the end of my working day, I switch off mate.

Big world out there mate. I wish you all the best marra.

Thank you so much for this.

Having a terrible time at the minute and this is just what I needed to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back