Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, late this afternoon I was overcome with an intense feeling of sadness for no reason at all and a few fleeting suicidal thoughts crept in. I'd never do it, and have never made plans to or even thought how to, but it's not a great development.
Same !!!!!!!!
Except mine was this morning..... One minute I was fine, the next I was in tears thinking I'd be better off dead....
Couldn't be arsed though..... One positive of my depression I guess

So, late this afternoon I was overcome with an intense feeling of sadness for no reason at all and a few fleeting suicidal thoughts crept in. I'd never do it, and have never made plans to or even thought how to, but it's not a great development.
Similar thing happened to me yesterday fella, the fear set in for a little but I managed to fight it off and think about the positives in life. I break up for 10 days holiday at 12.45pm Thursday, that's my cue to "recharge the batteries" xx you're a great man, never forget that xx

I often have that. I take it as background noise, the brain just trying to work out problems and I don't pay much notice.

Exhausted. Other than that it's passed now. I'm curious as to what triggers it.
It's just a thought mate, where do any of them come from ? , we have a continuous "thought stream" Think of all the stupid random abstract ones we have that flit by.
The only difference is that when we're low it can seem more relevant so it 'catches' like a twig in a stream, we stop at it for a moment and it comes more fully formed into consciousness and the stream gets more turbulent around it. We become concerned about the turbulence and thus about the twig and so it grows in focus.
Doesn't mean anything as long as it doesn't develop to a desire plan or intent..just an intellectual possibility that you have noticed by the sounds. The twig unstuck itself and drifted off ( as they do )
Just watch for any increase in severity or actual desire though and let the doc know.

I’ve ran out of meds and being a lazy sod I haven’t got my next lot yet. Been about 4 days without them and today has been a real downer! Could it have an affect that quickly? It’s been a struggle today, biggest for a long time

I’ve ran out of meds and being a lazy sod I haven’t got my next lot yet. Been about 4 days without them and today has been a real downer! Could it have an affect that quickly? It’s been a struggle today, biggest for a long time

Yes imo, i started noticing a difference if i missed a couple of days

Aye, this is a big thing.

I cam off meds last year when on holiday, not like suddenly sort of faded out, and being thick I never realised how f***ing awful I felt

Was a big study released yesterday about how its massively underrated the affects you

Least you know thats why you are feeling on a downer, try think of it like that

Well went to doctors today for a review on my sertraline. Said it’s fine as it is and just stop on the 50 mg.

I have had a lesion on my tongue and sore mouth for two month. I went to go about a month ago and he advised it was beachside I had a sore throat so prescribed antibiotics.

Showed gp my tongue today and has put an emergency referral into hospital to get a biopsy done to see if it’s something bad!!

One thing after another.

Keep smiling everyone. Xx

That's awful marra but well done for sitting with him and keeping him safe.

One of my mates is "voluntarily missing" at the moment. I wish I could help him but I don't know where he is.

Is that me Becs??

If so, I’m not gonna sugarcoat it.
I’m in a horrible horrible place right now.
I’m genuinely sorry for any worry or concern I’ve caused though.
I’d love to predict a happy ending to all this but it really is unlikely right now.
I’m sorry. I really am.
Take care, one & all x

Is that me Becs??

I’d love to predict a happy ending to all this but it really is unlikely right now.
I’m sorry. I really am.
Take care, one & all x

I don't know your situation but I hope you get the help you need.

Is that me Becs??

I’m sorry. I really am.
Take care, one & all x

Hey mate you ok? I’ve sent you a private message if you fancy a chat and it will help. I’ll stay awake a while just incase you do.

Things will get better. One day at a time.

Keep smiling. Matey. X

Thought the Alastair Campbell thing on BBC two last night was very interesting even on meds, he still has down days, the positive i suppose is given what he has done in his life he hasn't always allowed the condition to hold him back.

Is that me Becs??

I’m sorry. I really am.
Take care, one & all x

Really good to hear from you marra. It seems like a really bad place now, but it can be fixed if you get the help you need. There's several of us on here who do genuinely care about you and are rooting for you to get better. Don't be a stranger and keep talking mate. Take care xx

Is that me Becs??

I’m sorry. I really am.
Take care, one & all x

Please get some help chick, I'm sorry you feel that way but it really is no solution...
Keep talking. We are listening (not in a spying way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back