Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you can do is what your doing now mate. Be there for them and it will be appreciated.

All the best marra

Hit me a more than it would because I’m dead close to her parents. Particularly her dad who is close to 70 himself and, although a bit overweight, is in good health. I just worry about how they’ll cope.

They’re dealing with their own parents poor health as well. So not ideal!

Life happens though, and we find a way!

Her mam lives near Liverpool.

The difficulty being my partner is looking to move up here. Her sister is still in the area so not problematic though.

From a long term POV in terms of caring for them if needed this is all fine. It’s just the initial shock of this happening now that’s struck her.

Practically I’ll be as involved as I can. It’s a three hour drive. Trivial really.

We’ll get there though!
Another big thank you, you put a smile on this sad old woman's face and I truly appreciate your support (your lass is a lucky lady xx).

Hit me a more than it would because I’m dead close to her parents. Particularly her dad who is close to 70 himself and, although a bit overweight, is in good health. I just worry about how they’ll cope.

They’re dealing with their own parents poor health as well. So not ideal!

Life happens though, and we find a way!
Last week I came in from work to find her dad sitting drinking saying he was going to kill himself. He’s got prostrate cancer and has for the past four year. Had a heart attack last year. He said he did not want to live anymore. It was hard to see and I basically sat with him for eight hours and. Listened he’s still not well now but as long as he knows I’m there that’s all I can or anyone can do.

Last week I came in from work to find her dad sitting drinking saying he was going to kill himself. He’s got prostrate cancer and has for the past four year. Had a heart attack last year. He said he did not want to live anymore. It was hard to see and I basically sat with him for eight hours and. Listened he’s still not well now but as long as he knows I’m there that’s all I can or anyone can do.

f***ing hell mate. Barely even know what to say to that. How is she coping with it all?

All you can do is what your doing now mate. Be there for them and it will be appreciated.

All the best marra
I got told by the doc last week its hard to tell if its the anxiety or the meds giving me the issues.

Last time about five or so year ago was the last time I was unwell. I was prescribed citalopram I think they where called

They made me wake up as if I’d had a drink and a good drink every morning. Went on to fluoxetine and found them much better.

Mind this Time doctor prescribed me sertraline and said I would be worse before I got better I did not understand how much worse.

I was I’ll for days that lead me to a massive drinking session and watching suicide videos on internet crying with a massive blade to my throat!!

Two days later I woke up with not a care for first time in now I reckon years and my head was clear.

Keep plodding on things can only get better as they say. X

My councillor said that sometimes doctors can over prescribe the dosage at early stages and she has a few clients that have had problems regarding the issue.

My doctor said up my dosage to 100mg but I didn’t as I was off my tits felt like I’d taken ecstasy or speed I was shaking and restless.

Then it all of a sudden just calmed down.

That's awful marra but well done for sitting with him and keeping him safe.

One of my mates is "voluntarily missing" at the moment. I wish I could help him but I don't know where he is.

It really does help this thread like. It’s easier to post on here than talk to someone in real life.

Especially when people reply with nice words.

Well done everyone on this thread if it has helped me then it has done its job. But I’m
Sure it has helped more. X
And a big (((hug))) for you fella, you're making positive steps - keep on keeping on xx

Bit freaked out this morning. When I had surgery in December, they struggled to wake me back up again. I woke up with a really sore throat as they'd rammed a second oxygen tube down to revive me. Last night I dreamt that this time I didn't wake up and I died in the operating theatre :eek:

So, late this afternoon I was overcome with an intense feeling of sadness for no reason at all and a few fleeting suicidal thoughts crept in. I'd never do it, and have never made plans to or even thought how to, but it's not a great development.

So, late this afternoon I was overcome with an intense feeling of sadness for no reason at all and a few fleeting suicidal thoughts crept in. I'd never do it, and have never made plans to or even thought how to, but it's not a great development.

It's scary when that happens. Have a hug. How you feeling now? xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back