Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, thanks to a sewage pipe bursting and being sent home as soon as I arrived at work, I had my occupational mental health assessment in the relative comfort of home this afternoon.

I didn't hold anything back. I mentioned about 1 to 1 counselling not working for me, when suicidal thoughts began creeping in, sleep pattern, diet, concentration, memory, finances, how I saw myself in looks, forming relationships, and a whole lot more.

She felt I was fit enough to work, which was a relief to me, as the temptation to sit at home 7 days a week would have really not been good. I've always been recommended group counselling sessions because, if I wanted to, I could sit in a corner and listen if I had a particularly bad bout of social phobia. I could engage as much or as little as I would like.

I'm not being allowed neat a phone, though, because I'm one bad call away from having a proper meltdown! Matchdays are encouraged, however, because whether it's for work or at Sunderland or Ross County games, I find a day at the match and releasing emotions very therapeutic.

Let's see where this goes.

Well, yesterday augured ill. Within 45 minutes at work I'd had an argument and completely lost it when someone poked their nose in unnecessarily and quite insensitively. Ironically they're a mental health first aider but is nowhere to be seen.

Spent the rest of the day speaking to people there I know I can trust and making sure I was okay. I never took a break from working apart from those conversations to calm me down because I would've thought too much about it.

I wonder if the large dosage of Sertraline was a factor as it's so out of character. I really don't like losing self control like that.

The most worrying thing I find about all this, especially depression, anxiety and alcohol (which are my issues), is the last month being doing totally fine, never really on my mind at all no real complaints, then last Sunday just ended up going out and getting absolutely mortal by myself, not really sure why but it had been building. The next day I think is about as low as I have felt for what feels like forever, horrendous. Took me 3 or 4 days of being in bed to get myself going again.

It's that feeling, you are never far away from it just imploding. I actually noticed Merson said it on the ITV show, it wouldn't take much for him to spiral even when things are going well. Self destruction I guess.

Hello :D

Not sleeping is shit isn't it and over time it just exhausts you
Drinking to obliteration is a quicker method of the same goal

I pretty much stopped drinking in April and straight away just stayed up all night exhausting myself
I'm now tackling the not staying up all night and was doing great but then got hit with a cold which feels like I'm right back in a depressed rut.

I know I was using drink and then exhaustion to avoid dealing with stuff that upset me.

None of that helps you I know but just saying... hello :D

Any chance you could cut way down on drinking?

The most worrying thing I find about all this, especially depression, anxiety and alcohol (which are my issues), is the last month being doing totally fine, never really on my mind at all no real complaints, then last Sunday just ended up going out and getting absolutely mortal by myself, not really sure why but it had been building. The next day I think is about as low as I have felt for what feels like forever, horrendous. Took me 3 or 4 days of being in bed to get myself going again.

It's that feeling, you are never far away from it just imploding. I actually noticed Merson said it on the ITV show, it wouldn't take much for him to spiral even when things are going well. Self destruction I guess.
Keep talking to folk on here
There’s some good people
I’m not in any position to help really as I’ve never had depression however I can empathise & I’m sure you can overcome it or at least keep it at bay

Hello :D

Not sleeping is shit isn't it and over time it just exhausts you
Drinking to obliteration is a quicker method of the same goal

I pretty much stopped drinking in April and straight away just stayed up all night exhausting myself
I'm now tackling the not staying up all night and was doing great but then got hit with a cold which feels like I'm right back in a depressed rut.

I know I was using drink and then exhaustion to avoid dealing with stuff that upset me.

None of that helps you I know but just saying... hello :D

Any chance you could cut way down on drinking?
Hi
Every thread pulls us together

Last edited:
Started sertraline again.

Don’t feel as bad as I did before, heads relatively clear but felt it creeping back and trying to nip it in the bud.
I’m on 50mg of sertraline. Made me much worse before I felt better.

Not too bad at the minute although I’ve had to miss a couple of Muaythai lessons due to this cold!!

Just finished work so got four days off to recoup.

Hope everyone is plodding on best they can. X

I’m on 50mg of sertraline. Made me much worse before I felt better.

Not too bad at the minute although I’ve had to miss a couple of Muaythai lessons due to this cold!!

Just finished work so got four days off to recoup.

Hope everyone is plodding on best they can. X
Sertraline gave me bad headaches fatigue and palpitations I'm started on metzapine or something hopefully I get better

Not me. But my lass had just come off her medication, then her mother was diagnosed with Parkinson’s. Thrown her right off course.

Doing my best and drove us up to the countryside today to just walk about which is the one thing I know can distract her for a bit.

It’s gutting. I know I can control my own emotions to an extent but this is so out of my hands.

I’ll always be there for her and her family but I just wish there was some silver bullet for it.

Sertraline gave me bad headaches fatigue and palpitations I'm started on metzapine or something hopefully I get better

Take care on mirtazapine. It made me really really sleepy. Try it at home the first few days just in case.

Not me. But my lass had just come off her medication, then her mother was diagnosed with Parkinson’s. Thrown her right off course.

Doing my best and drove us up to the countryside today to just walk about which is the one thing I know can distract her for a bit.

It’s gutting. I know I can control my own emotions to an extent but this is so out of my hands.

I’ll always be there for her and her family but I just wish there was some silver bullet for it.

Just keep doing what you are doing marra. It's hard I know but just being there and giving her a cuddle when she needs one will really help.

Is there anything practical you can do for her Mam? Maybe contact a Parkinson's charity and see what help there is available? Sunderland Carers would be worth a ring if she lives in the Sunderland area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take care on mirtazapine. It made me really really sleepy. Try it at home the first few days just in case.
Sertraline did for me it wouldn't matter if I slept 3hrs or 7 my eyes would be really sore and I'd struggle to stay up during the day.

Just keep doing what you are doing marra. It's hard I know but just being there and giving her a cuddle when she needs one will really help.

Is there anything practical you can do for her Mam? Maybe contact a Parkinson's charity and see what help there is available? Sunderland Carers would be worth a ring if she lives in the Sunderland area.

Her mam lives near Liverpool.

The difficulty being my partner is looking to move up here. Her sister is still in the area so not problematic though.

From a long term POV in terms of caring for them if needed this is all fine. It’s just the initial shock of this happening now that’s struck her.

Practically I’ll be as involved as I can. It’s a three hour drive. Trivial really.

We’ll get there though!

So, thanks to a sewage pipe bursting and being sent home as soon as I arrived at work, I had my occupational mental health assessment in the relative comfort of home this afternoon.

I didn't hold anything back. I mentioned about 1 to 1 counselling not working for me, when suicidal thoughts began creeping in, sleep pattern, diet, concentration, memory, finances, how I saw myself in looks, forming relationships, and a whole lot more.

She felt I was fit enough to work, which was a relief to me, as the temptation to sit at home 7 days a week would have really not been good. I've always been recommended group counselling sessions because, if I wanted to, I could sit in a corner and listen if I had a particularly bad bout of social phobia. I could engage as much or as little as I would like.

I'm not being allowed neat a phone, though, because I'm one bad call away from having a proper meltdown! Matchdays are encouraged, however, because whether it's for work or at Sunderland or Ross County games, I find a day at the match and releasing emotions very therapeutic.

Let's see where this goes.
You know I'm here for you fella, you're a great bloke - don't forget that ! xx

Her mam lives near Liverpool.

The difficulty being my partner is looking to move up here. Her sister is still in the area so not problematic though.

From a long term POV in terms of caring for them if needed this is all fine. It’s just the initial shock of this happening now that’s struck her.

Practically I’ll be as involved as I can. It’s a three hour drive. Trivial really.

We’ll get there though!
All you can do is what your doing now mate. Be there for them and it will be appreciated.

All the best marra

Last time about five or so year ago was the last time I was unwell. I was prescribed citalopram I think they where called

They made me wake up as if I’d had a drink and a good drink every morning. Went on to fluoxetine and found them much better.

Mind this Time doctor prescribed me sertraline and said I would be worse before I got better I did not understand how much worse.

I was I’ll for days that lead me to a massive drinking session and watching suicide videos on internet crying with a massive blade to my throat!!

Two days later I woke up with not a care for first time in now I reckon years and my head was clear.

Keep plodding on things can only get better as they say. X

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back