Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone want to try Calm for free? It's a meditation app.
Calm - Meditation Techniques for Sleep and Stress Reduction

I've got five gift passes for a free 30 day trial that I'm happy to share. If you like it, it's about £33 a year to keep it. Give me a shout if you want one and I'll send you a link by PM.

I like the Daily Calm and listen to it in bed as it helps me drop off. I've also done some of the masterclasses and have used the relaxation techniques.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone want to try Calm for free? It's a meditation app.
Calm - Meditation Techniques for Sleep and Stress Reduction

I've got five gift passes for a free 30 day trial that I'm happy to share. If you like it, it's about £33 a year to keep it. Give me a shout if you want one and I'll send you a link by PM.

I like the Daily Calm and listen to it in bed as it helps me drop off. I've also done some of the masterclasses and have used the relaxation techniques.
Morning ginge bit anxious about this job search I'm meant to be going to do today

Morning ginge bit anxious about this job search I'm meant to be going to do today

What time are you going there?

Take it easy this morning with lots of slow calming breathing and think positive. You can do this! Jump through their hoops to satisfy them and then come home and chill. Take care pet xx

What time are you going there?

Take it easy this morning with lots of slow calming breathing and think positive. You can do this! Jump through their hoops to satisfy them and then come home and chill. Take care pet xx
Thanks my brother is being a big help giving me a lift there and bringing dog to walk while I'm doing job search so at least it eases my back and will take me home not that he should have to on his day of. As much of a waste of time it is hopefully I'm just sat at a computer for an hour without being bothered doesn't matter if I apply for one job or five you can guarantee he will go why didnt you do this job or maybe more, and they are not keeping me longer like they have before if I have a lift waiting.

You would think that 13 hours of motorway driving on my own would be a killer, but today I feel like a weight is shifted.

Off to a photography group later on as no shift today.

Today the glass is slightly over half full.
Long drive that stay safe, good to see you doing something you enjoy

Last edited:
Thanks my brother is being a big help giving me a lift there and bringing dog to walk while I'm doing job search so at least it eases my back and will take me home not that he should have to on his day of. As much of a waste of time it is hopefully I'm just sat at a computer for an hour without being bothered doesn't matter if I apply for one job or five you can guarantee he will go why didnt you do this job or maybe more, and they are not keeping me longer like they have before if I have a lift waiting.

See it's not so bad if you look at it like that ;)

Just remember it's not personal with the people in there. They're not hassling you personally. They've got quota's and boxes to tick and just view you as just another person they have to process.

See it's not so bad if you look at it like that ;)

Just remember it's not personal with the people in there. They're not hassling you personally. They've got quota's and boxes to tick and just view you as just another person they have to process.
True mind if he's like he was last time I feel I should say something without getting angry with him people just treat me as a walk over a door mat so to speak.

True mind if he's like he was last time I feel I should say something without getting angry with him people just treat me as a walk over a door mat so to speak.

If people like friends and family are walking all over you, then it's right to feel aggrieved and speak up. If it's someone at the job centre, I'd just let it wash over you and don't sweat about it. He means nothing to you.

If people like friends and family are walking all over you, then it's right to feel aggrieved and speak up. If it's someone at the job centre, I'd just let it wash over you and don't sweat about it. He means nothing to you.
He's not the job centre but he would be more awkward I guess interestly enough Iv just been sent my first appointment for job centre in a while for next week marvellous

He's not the job centre but he would be more awkward I guess interestly enough Iv just been sent my first appointment for job centre in a while for next week marvellous

Ah I thought this was the job centre - sorry. But still he means nothing so don't let him bother you.

Ah I thought this was the job centre - sorry. But still he means nothing so don't let him bother you.
Work health programme if he says anything il just say look I have come in like you wanted I'm not well give me a break think that's as polite as I can be, Iv got diabetic screening next week and job centre but I have to stop my anti sickness tablets today so chances are I will feel worse in next 2 weeks

Not posted here for a while, now got sleeping tablets and anti depressant medication also done my mental health assessments with two different agencies, who are helping or can help

On a list now to get my PTSD sorted which came back with a vengence, problem was either did not recognise the signs or more obviously ignored them. To my own detriment.

Then my head went tilt, and could not do anything no brain cells working........just blackness and dark thoughts in the head. Have self help programme I am working through and waiting to start cognitive therapy.

They gave me exercises and a lust of mindfulness programmes that I also do. Hard to accept you gave a problem, till it gets bad and bites your bum, be careful at this stage you are approaching burn out!

Get help soonest as believe me you cannot in reality sort it on your own. Good luck and be safe, just remember that despite feeling alone your not!

Just read an article that may be of interest to any suffering from depression which links it to diet.

How the bacteria inside you could affect your mental health
I would agree with the proposition that the gut affects mental health. Eastern philosophy makes reference to the body as an independant second brain that relates to the world below the cognitive level, the soma. (the vagus nerve mentioned in the article being a big part of mediating it )
Western science is utterly too head/brain focused

Not posted here for a while, now got sleeping tablets and anti depressant medication also done my mental health assessments with two different agencies, who are helping or can help

On a list now to get my PTSD sorted which came back with a vengence, problem was either did not recognise the signs or more obviously ignored them. To my own detriment.

Then my head went tilt, and could not do anything no brain cells working........just blackness and dark thoughts in the head. Have self help programme I am working through and waiting to start cognitive therapy.

They gave me exercises and a lust of mindfulness programmes that I also do. Hard to accept you gave a problem, till it gets bad and bites your bum, be careful at this stage you are approaching burn out!

Get help soonest as believe me you cannot in reality sort it on your own. Good luck and be safe, just remember that despite feeling alone your not!
That lusting will help fella.

f***ing amazing how a big session can screw with your mood for a few days. Feel all over the shop today, mind darting about from senseless anxiety to senseless anxiety.

Seriously considering a period off the drink as the downs are starting to outweigh the ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back