Depression

Re sleep, can’t stand milky drinks, I’ve been having a decaf coffee before I go to sleep and find it sends me away to sleep. Sometimes I use them over the counter nytol type tablets but not all the time.

Is that diphenhydramine? They do work but I find I feel drowsy the next day. I was given seven zopiclone tablets quite a while back when I was really having trouble, I've used them sparingly but they really knock you out.

If you can get it, say by bringing it back from the USA when on holiday, I find melatonin to be great at helping me get to sleep and stay asleep through the night. Unfortunately it's a POM here whilst in the USA it's sold along side vitamins.

Hadn’t drank for 6 weeks was going better I thought, major relapsed on it this week which brings with it the usual trouble

Anyone ever go see anyone for alcoholism or anything?
I rang Alcoholics Anonymous last year and thought it was a waste of time. Seeing your GP is probably the best option.

I would visit your GP as they will know what is available in your area. Also, tell friends (who you trust) what you are doing so they can support you. I don't know how much you do drink, however be aware that for an alcoholic, just stopping can be extremely dangerous.

Well, that's been a stressful/horrible 24hours. Thought everything was fine, but then when it was far too late, realised it really really wasn't and had to scramble like fuck to get something lined up to fix it before the workmen came today to fit the new flooring.

So been trying to be at work, and cutting/screwing plywood to a floor all morning, then putting the bairn's room back together, cutting & rehanging doors so that she has somewhere to sleep tonight.

And we're supposed to be going out in just over an hour. I'm ready to drop / make a bottle of whiskey disappear. Might order a fuck off steak and a bottle of wine tonight (to myself, as the missus is pregnant)

That said, I didn't lose my rag, I didn't shout at anyone and I only lost a little bit of sleep over it all. I guess that's a big improvement over this time a year ago.

Well, that's been a stressful/horrible 24hours. Thought everything was fine, but then when it was far too late, realised it really really wasn't and had to scramble like fuck to get something lined up to fix it before the workmen came today to fit the new flooring.

So been trying to be at work, and cutting/screwing plywood to a floor all morning, then putting the bairn's room back together, cutting & rehanging doors so that she has somewhere to sleep tonight.

And we're supposed to be going out in just over an hour. I'm ready to drop / make a bottle of whiskey disappear. Might order a fuck off steak and a bottle of wine tonight (to myself, as the missus is pregnant)

That said, I didn't lose my rag, I didn't shout at anyone and I only lost a little bit of sleep over it all. I guess that's a big improvement over this time a year ago.
I'm on my second hypo in 3 days with my diabetes, stomach, chest and back pains I'm fed up.

A few days into a new city, and I always have trouble with transitions like that. Have barely left my accommodation, using the fact my luggage didn't arrive until day 3 and the snow everywhere as an excuse to not go out. Just feeling a bit isolated. It will pass and the solution is easy but I wanted to write it down.

Is that diphenhydramine? They do work but I find I feel drowsy the next day. I was given seven zopiclone tablets quite a while back when I was really having trouble, I've used them sparingly but they really knock you out.

If you can get it, say by bringing it back from the USA when on holiday, I find melatonin to be great at helping me get to sleep and stay asleep through the night. Unfortunately it's a POM here whilst in the USA it's sold along side vitamins.

Think it is, it does give a bit of a 'hangover' sometimes the day after. I've seen melatonin in pharmacys in Italy & Spain but think it's really expensive, so not bothered, think you can buy it off Superdrugs online chemist, but at a cost.

Hadn’t drank for 6 weeks was going better I thought, major relapsed on it this week which brings with it the usual trouble

Booze is a lot like taking acid for me, don't do it if the mind isn't strong and in a good place. The number of times I've put myself back in a downward spiral over the years by drinking on a weekend is stupid.
Don't go near the drink unless I think I'm in a really solid mental state now, even then it can catch me out.

If you think you may have a bit of a problem seek help mate, the worst thing you can do is deny things to yourself and continue pushing yourself down. Self control is the hardest thing of all when the wheels come off.

I wouldn't recommend AA. At Samaritans we signpost people with potential drinking problems to Drinkline. I have no personal experience of them but maybe they're with a shot?

Can I just say some advisors can be complete arseholes I'm in pain and totally fed up

@Bishop Boy been told to go and do jobsearch at a place after Iv said I'm in pain with my back walking there and back and it's stuff I can do in the house.
So many are box tickets, not advisors.

Booze is a lot like taking acid for me, don't do it if the mind isn't strong and in a good place. The number of times I've put myself back in a downward spiral over the years by drinking on a weekend is stupid.
Don't go near the drink unless I think I'm in a really solid mental state now, even then it can catch me out.

If you think you may have a bit of a problem seek help mate, the worst thing you can do is deny things to yourself and continue pushing yourself down. Self control is the hardest thing of all when the wheels come off.

Some excellent points there like. Self control doesn't exist for me when it does, just continues till I wake up.

How's everyone feeling?

don't ask

Back