Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone still drink heavily on their meds?

Its like a much less scene out of the hangover films, literally no idea what has happened in the proceeding 12 hours
tbh, I haven't been a "big drinker" in years. I just get tired now, and give up and go home on the odd time I get to have a full day out.
But the tablets haven't made any noticeable difference to this.

Depression and drinking, either on meds or not, is a very bad combination.
A good day/night out with friends/family can be great. But just "heavy, regular drinking" probably isn't a great idea.

Day 4 of the switch to Prozac. Feel shittier than yesterday. Head all cloudy, and had a migraine aura thingy this morning. Trying to do work, but trying to do computer-y type work is like feeling like a glass of water weighs 5 stone.

Day three of escitalopram and I also find myself struggling, I feel agitated but tired, can't sleep and I'm sure I'm more depressed than three days ago.

Hoping to stick it out and see the side effects wear off over the next few days but don't know if I can handle them at the minute.

I wasn’t aware that this thread existed, but my god there are some great people on here and I just wanted to say that I’m also here via PM if anyone wants to talk.

I’ve been guilty of keeping everything bottled up in the past and honestly, talking to someone was the best thing I ever did and it really did help.

I wasn’t aware that this thread existed, but my god there are some great people on here and I just wanted to say that I’m also here via PM if anyone wants to talk.

I’ve been guilty of keeping everything bottled up in the past and honestly, talking to someone was the best thing I ever did and it really did help.
I can't get my head around things about 18 months ago I seen councilor but it wasn't for me I bottle stuff up loads.

I can't get my head around things about 18 months ago I seen councilor but it wasn't for me I bottle stuff up loads.

Nah I had no intention of seeing someone professionally but I was lucky that I had a couple of really good mates and a very understanding missus to talk to.

Even that took months before I said anything but it was a relief when I did.

So, after about 10 years of lurking on this forum under a couple of different usernames, I've decided to bite the bullet and make my first post. Didn't imagine it would be on a thread like this mind.

I've had a bit of a rollercoaster of a year, in the first few months I thought things were finally starting to work out for me after some years of going through the motions and bottling things up. Before I knew it, I was at rock bottom. Wish I could say that I was back to square one but it felt like I was miles away from that as well. I've tried to make a couple of big changes in my life and I also knew I needed to speak with someone.

Went to the GP back in July and I've been on Sertraline since then. Started off at 50mg but was upped to 100mg after a couple of weeks. Originally, the GP said it would take a few months for me to notice any improvements. Since then however, I've moved away from the North East and have had to see a different GP for a review who suggested I should maybe think about increasing the dosage again. I've said no as I wanted to give the current dosage a bit more time, but I'm unsure as to how much longer I should give it or whether or not Sertraline is actually working for me. Need to go back for another review next month.

Any advice from those who have had experience with it, whether it was good or bad?

So, after about 10 years of lurking on this forum under a couple of different usernames, I've decided to bite the bullet and make my first post. Didn't imagine it would be on a thread like this mind.

I've had a bit of a rollercoaster of a year, in the first few months I thought things were finally starting to work out for me after some years of going through the motions and bottling things up. Before I knew it, I was at rock bottom. Wish I could say that I was back to square one but it felt like I was miles away from that as well. I've tried to make a couple of big changes in my life and I also knew I needed to speak with someone.

Went to the GP back in July and I've been on Sertraline since then. Started off at 50mg but was upped to 100mg after a couple of weeks. Originally, the GP said it would take a few months for me to notice any improvements. Since then however, I've moved away from the North East and have had to see a different GP for a review who suggested I should maybe think about increasing the dosage again. I've said no as I wanted to give the current dosage a bit more time, but I'm unsure as to how much longer I should give it or whether or not Sertraline is actually working for me. Need to go back for another review next month.

Any advice from those who have had experience with it, whether it was good or bad?
I would say since July is long enough to see if sertraline is good for you. If you have had some beneficial effect than a bit more might get you further improvement.. If you have had no effect probably time for a different ssri.

Day three of escitalopram and I also find myself struggling, I feel agitated but tired, can't sleep and I'm sure I'm more depressed than three days ago.

Hoping to stick it out and see the side effects wear off over the next few days but don't know if I can handle them at the minute.

I had 2 weeks of side effects when starting on citalopram which are similar. Horrific headaches, nausea, tired, couldn’t sleep, depression felt worse, really anxious, emotions all over the place, yawning, grinding teeth, sweating. Think i had most of the common side effects.

It does take a couple of weeks to get into your system properly at which point side effects ease. Stick with it if you can

I had 2 weeks of side effects when starting on citalopram which are similar. Horrific headaches, nausea, tired, couldn’t sleep, depression felt worse, really anxious, emotions all over the place, yawning, grinding teeth, sweating. Think i had most of the common side effects.

It does take a couple of weeks to get into your system properly at which point side effects ease. Stick with it if you can

I'd say I've got all of that bar the headaches but also no appetite, I've dropped half a stone in about 5 days (albeit I'm now within my BMI boundaries).

I'm going to try and tough it out because I can't see any other option at the moment. I got so desperate the other night I started looking into electro-convulsive therapy.

Reactions: Gaz
I'd say I've got all of that bar the headaches but also no appetite, I've dropped half a stone in about 5 days (albeit I'm now within my BMI boundaries).
I'm going to try and tough it out because I can't see any other option at the moment. I got so desperate the other night I started looking into electro-convulsive therapy.
Hi,
If it makes you feel any better, that's almost exactly how I felt from day ~3-10 on Sertraline - I had a call with the doc on day 7, and explained - he was all for taking me off them, but we talked about how likely it was that it would pass after 2 weeks, which it pretty much did.

Although I ended up with regular headaches, and after 3 months I switched to Prozac (last Friday). I'm still feeling a bit rough from the switch now tbh.

Give it 2 weeks from starting if you can - if you can't, call the docs mate and discuss it with them.

Don't do it yourself :lol:

Hi,
If it makes you feel any better, that's almost exactly how I felt from day ~3-10 on Sertraline - I had a call with the doc on day 7, and explained - he was all for taking me off them, but we talked about how likely it was that it would pass after 2 weeks, which it pretty much did.

Although I ended up with regular headaches, and after 3 months I switched to Prozac (last Friday). I'm still feeling a bit rough from the switch now tbh.

Give it 2 weeks from starting if you can - if you can't, call the docs mate and discuss it with them.
Iv been on sertraline for about 6weeks still get headaches and pins n needles in head

I'm far and away no expert here, but that sounds like something a doctor/Nurse practitioner should check on mate.
I went last week they said I shouldn't have side effects but got to give it a bit more time I just feel shite atm chest n back pain shoulder pains you name it.

I don’t take sertraline but I’ve been taking paroxetine for anxiety since my early teens. I’m now 27 and can’t come off them as the withdrawal symptoms are too intense. If I could go back and deal with the shit on my own I would chose that each and every day. Steer clear if you can mate and try find other ways as the negatives outweigh the positives imo.

That is what i was in, I just felt completely out of it like personally, I'd like think of something and space out and then before I knew it 5 minutes had passed

Reactions: Gaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back