Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got up at 8am ready to go to the market on what I was sure was Tues morning last week.
Wondered why it wasn’t turning light.
Turned out it was actually 8pm Sunday evening.
How I got so far ahead of myself I haven’t a clue, the rest of that Sunday was a blank space.

Hope people are OK, I’m alright at the moment but always conscious of falling again - meditation, being able to step back from myself and look at a circumstance...why does this person (me) feel this way now etc....if you can rationalise I find it easier to move forward.

Sorry a bit of a nothing post but just want to be part of the thread

Hope people are OK, I’m alright at the moment but always conscious of falling again - meditation, being able to step back from myself and look at a circumstance...why does this person (me) feel this way now etc....if you can rationalise I find it easier to move forward.

Not a nothing post at all Davy and glad youre well at this moment
The stepping back (decentering) you mention is a vital skill for you and us all and your reference to "this person " shows your doing it well and with self regard and compassion at present. Good stuff marra

Sorry, wall of text coming, as I've not been keeping up with the thread.

Struggling with sertraline at the moment
Same here - either 3 or 4 months in now, and whilst I feel loads better, I cannot put up with these headaches anymore. Its nearly every day.
Going to the Docs tomorrow.

Assuming I change to a different med (sertraline at the mo), will I get all the "start up" side effects again? I'm pretty worried that I will, I really don't want to go through that again.

Agree with last part.
Years back folk would have played the hard lad and suffered massively.
Chin up lads/lasses, however hard that is.

TBH, I'm posting this from my other account.............

My Dad died a week ago and been prescribed propranolol which are beta blockers, anyone had them? Any side effects? My anxiety has been sky high so hopefully they sort out the heart racing but feels like they're sweeping things under the carpet.
How's it going?
That's what I was put on at first, and they had no effect at all - BUT we did know the plan was to keep upping the dose until it made a difference.
I know this reply is really late, but I was told they work pretty much immediately.
I asked to swap over to Anti depressants, so I can't say if they worked for me long term, sorry.

Hope its working for you now mate & sorry to hear about your dad.

You know what
I can’t be fuckin arsed with this
Hello @The Rat - I know this was a few days ago, but I hope you're feeling a bit better now?
I hope you have someone to talk to, or failing that, you know of other services you can call 24/7?
Good film but Bradley Cooper's character is troubled and drinks to get through it and that at the end of the film he kills himself :lol:
Fucks sake man :lol:

Jaw is worse than head and back which takes something nah they said give the sertraline another few weeks I got given a information leaflet about sleep hygiene saying just use bed for sleep and stuff but I'd rather not il be bored shitless without TV n sky we do have it in other rooms but I wouldn't get to watch what I like.
I know I have to do this. I have to change my life round to going to sleep early, getting to sleep without lying awake for ages, and then getting up early on a morning so that I'm not rushing around all the time. But convincing myself to not watch telly, or pick up my phone/tablet in bed is surprisingly hard.
Especially if I don't fall asleep quickly.

How's it going?
That's what I was put on at first, and they had no effect at all - BUT we did know the plan was to keep upping the dose until it made a difference.
I know this reply is really late, but I was told they work pretty much immediately.
I asked to swap over to Anti depressants, so I can't say if they worked for me long term, sorry.

Hope its working for you now mate & sorry to hear about your dad.

They seemed to work at first but after a couple of days the anxiety attacks started again and now there's not much of a difference, she didn't want to put me on anti depressants since they can take 6+ weeks to kick in and sometimes make you worse at first. Did the anti depressants work?

They seemed to work at first but after a couple of days the anxiety attacks started again and now there's not much of a difference, she didn't want to put me on anti depressants since they can take 6+ weeks to kick in and sometimes make you worse at first. Did the anti depressants work?
Seems to be working with my anxiety and depression. But I need to see the doc asap as my head is killing me almost every day.

The "right" dose of Beta Blockers might take some finding - have a chat with the doc mate. I seem to recall being on 10mg x 3 per day, but the dose could go up to something like 100mg....

I tell you what I find hard and weird

I’m at heart a very logical person, its how I work etc and how my mind works

Last few years my thoughts are just illogical but even though I kind of know that they feel logical

That make sense?

Seems to be working with my anxiety and depression. But I need to see the doc asap as my head is killing me almost every day.

The "right" dose of Beta Blockers might take some finding - have a chat with the doc mate. I seem to recall being on 10mg x 3 per day, but the dose could go up to something like 100mg....
Currently on 40mg 3 times a day, due to go back to the doctors for a different reason next week so I'll ask then.

Last few years my thoughts are just illogical but even though I kind of know that they feel logical

That make sense?
It does make sense Johnson! :) keep going fella

That make sense?
Makes total sense!

"Don't look back, there is nothing in past, look to the future and win it. Don't waste your time looking back at what you've lost. Move on, life is not meant to be traveled backwards."

That make sense?
Logical, scientific bloke here too.
When I know there's no reason to obsess over an event, but cannot help it - I don't understand why it happens.

"Don't look back, there is nothing in past, look to the future and win it. Don't waste your time looking back at what you've lost. Move on, life is not meant to be traveled backwards."
If only it were that easy.

@Giggity if they swap you off Sertraline to another SSRI then it's usually a straight swap so no tail-off and restart...

Cheers.
Just back from the docs. Changed over to Fluoxetine (which I understand is Prozac). 20mg.
She said it would be ok to switch with minimal side effects.

Fingers crossed, I can't put up with these headaches much more, literally doing my head in

Last edited:

Same here. Always in the back of your mind that it'll come back. Will be going straight to the doctors of I or my lass can see a change in me.

Honestly it does get better. This time last year I was in a really dark place. I know posts like this isn't really what you want to see when you feel like that but there's always a way out. it might take a month, it might take a year or more but you'll get there.

For those who are struggling to sleep, I can't recommend mitazapine enough. I know different tablets work for different people but it worked wonders for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back