Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iv now got pain in me jaw as well as headache pins n needles in head tremors feeling sick bad stomach chest back and shoulder pain
You had your last review Friday, if memory serves. Did they suggest any changes to meds at all?

You had your last review Friday, if memory serves. Did they suggest any changes to meds at all?
Jaw is worse than head and back which takes something nah they said give the sertraline another few weeks I got given a information leaflet about sleep hygiene saying just use bed for sleep and stuff but I'd rather not il be bored shitless without TV n sky we do have it in other rooms but I wouldn't get to watch what I like.

any tips for just getting through the day?
For me it was all about knowing I've hit bottom. It took a long time to realise that.

Your worst enemy is your mind running at 100mph, so some form of distraction is a great help. I know this sounds so corny, but hobbies, reading, even just pottering about the house are a step forward. Fresh air, again corny, is a great healer, have a walk, a bit late now, but something else you can do, and is free as well.

any tips for just getting through the day?
If it’s that bad, I got the MH crisis team in for my dad a few months back.

Unlike my original perception, it’s for people who are at rock bottom not necessarily those who are suicidial...

They were a great help and I saw a massive (positive) change in him over the two week period.

They gave him practical help and support daily for two weeks as well as changing his medication which seemed to change his mood really quickly.

The other thing is, you’re assessed and seen by MH experts as oppose to a GP.

Sorry, haven’t read all the way back so not sure what has already been suggested.

Get outside, it worked wonders for me.

Me also.
I’d go totally loco if I was unable to get outside every day.

Oncoming dark nights don’t help much, though I didn’t mind them in my younger days.
It would be nice to be able up sticks and move to the Southern Hemisphere every Winter.

If it’s that bad, I got the MH crisis team in for my dad a few months back.

Unlike my original perception, it’s for people who are at rock bottom not necessarily those who are suicidial...

They were a great help and I saw a massive (positive) change in him over the two week period.

They gave him practical help and support daily for two weeks as well as changing his medication which seemed to change his mood really quickly.

The other thing is, you’re assessed and seen by MH experts as oppose to a GP.

Sorry, haven’t read all the way back so not sure what has already been suggested.

It was that bad earlier aye

I’ll keep this in mind

Can just bout relax now but dreading waking up tomorrow if I’m honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back