Depression

While I wasn't diagnosed with depression more so anxiety, well anyhow to cut a long story short after taking Lexapro for the best part of 6 years I'm not medication free.

It was my Dad's year anniversary a few weeks ago and in that time I made the decision to break up with my missus (ex now)

I've been fine the past 3 or 4 weeks with limited or no contact with my ex, to great disbelief only on Saturday she now has a new boyfriend (completely not her type, pure rebound situation too) because only 3 weeks back she was begging me to take her back and so on.

I'm actually not too bad (as I said I was perfectly fine prior to hearing she had a new boyfriend) but at the same time I'm kind of down over it, look she wasn't making me happy, she promised to change but I didn't give her the chance too! Not saying I want her back, but I'm livid and feel extremely let down how she could just hop into a new relationship with a bloke who likes something out of Deliverance.............

Should I go back on the meds or just ride out the storm? As I said I don't want her back, well I don't think I do because it was me who finished with her. But it's pissing me off big time!

If you ended up going back with her it would just be delaying the inevitable imo. There was also going to be a point where you saw her with someone else just its come sooner than you would have liked. Only natural it will piss you off but you have to remember the reason why you dumped her and ride it out imo. Also helps if you can get someone who can take your mind off it anarl like ;)

Think this is the first Christmas I'm not really bothered about and that upsets me somewhat as I've loved Christmas for the 25 years I've been here.

Been feeling shitty for weeks, most of my mates have left the UK in the last 6 months and won't be around for Christmas (which is normally a huge social gathering for us all) and it's my first Christmas in my own flat. I'll be at my parents for the Christmas period but can't help feeling I'll just be counting down the minutes to get back to the flat. :(

While I wasn't diagnosed with depression more so anxiety, well anyhow to cut a long story short after taking Lexapro for the best part of 6 years I'm not medication free.

It was my Dad's year anniversary a few weeks ago and in that time I made the decision to break up with my missus (ex now)

I've been fine the past 3 or 4 weeks with limited or no contact with my ex, to great disbelief only on Saturday she now has a new boyfriend (completely not her type, pure rebound situation too) because only 3 weeks back she was begging me to take her back and so on.

I'm actually not too bad (as I said I was perfectly fine prior to hearing she had a new boyfriend) but at the same time I'm kind of down over it, look she wasn't making me happy, she promised to change but I didn't give her the chance too! Not saying I want her back, but I'm livid and feel extremely let down how she could just hop into a new relationship with a bloke who likes something out of Deliverance.............

Should I go back on the meds or just ride out the storm? As I said I don't want her back, well I don't think I do because it was me who finished with her. But it's pissing me off big time!
Just take it as a sign that you can move on yourself either on your own or in another relationship without having to have any guilt over ditching her.

She's now part of the colourful mosaic of your life to date and now you're off on a whole new adventure.

If anything the last 24 hours or so have put my whole thought process towards depression into brutal perspective.
A combination of personal guilt & reality of the whole situation I guess.
If ever a time of "there's always someone worse off than you" has ever been more locally prevalent it's arguably now.
Kind of wish I could distance myself entirely & not give a shit about things really...

Hi all ive been depressed for hears now and my anxiety has also got worse since i lost my job. I told my doctor how i feel but he palms me off without letting me finish. Now i find that i have panic attacks going to the job centre(im not been lazy i want to work) i dont no why this is happening. Sorry if this does not make alot of sense as i am having a bad day and also find it hard to explain in writing how i feel. I think the main root of my problems is unemployment so long shot i no but does any one no of any work going or any advice on what to do about my DR thanks.

Hi all ive been depressed for hears now and my anxiety has also got worse since i lost my job. I told my doctor how i feel but he palms me off without letting me finish. Now i find that i have panic attacks going to the job centre(im not been lazy i want to work) i dont no why this is happening. Sorry if this does not make alot of sense as i am having a bad day and also find it hard to explain in writing how i feel. I think the main root of my problems is unemployment so long shot i no but does any one no of any work going or any advice on what to do about my DR thanks.

Can you see another doctor in the surgery? One of our doctors is a total cowbag so I avoid her as much as possible. There are two I really like so I always try and get appointments with either of them if I can.

Have you thought about writing yourself a note to take with you to the doctors? I write bullet points on a list and take it with me in case I get flustered and forget half the stuff I wanted to say. If you struggled, you could even pass the doctor the note and tell him to read it.

Sorry I can't help with work other than keep checking the job sites which I guess you are doing anyway. What type of work are you looking for? You could start a thread on here and see if anyone in that line of work knows of anything that's going.

Can you see another doctor in the surgery? One of our doctors is a total cowbag so I avoid her as much as possible. There are two I really like so I always try and get appointments with either of them if I can.

Have you thought about writing yourself a note to take with you to the doctors? I write bullet points on a list and take it with me in case I get flustered and forget half the stuff I wanted to say. If you struggled, you could even pass the doctor the note and tell him to read it.

Sorry I can't help with work other than keep checking the job sites which I guess you are doing anyway. What type of work are you looking for? You could start a thread on here and see if anyone in that line of work knows of anything that's going.
Thanks becs i never thought of writing a note and i ill ask to see another doctor. And i have done all sorts of work. Thanks again dont beleave i was worried about posting this stuff here goes to show how depression makes you feel low and ruins your confidence. Sorry if i was rambling there.

Thanks becs i never thought of writing a note and i ill ask to see another doctor. And i have done all sorts of work. Thanks again dont beleave i was worried about posting this stuff here goes to show how depression makes you feel low and ruins your confidence. Sorry if i was rambling there.

That's the trouble with this illness. It makes you feel like nobody understands and you'll look daft coming out with it. Talking really helps, so post as much as you want here and people will read and try and help. Look after yourself xx

I'm in a real bad way today, had a great Xmas catching up with friends but back to reality today and I feel as bad as I have done for 2 years. It's my fault, I've caned the drink, acted like a bit of dick, deprived myself of sleep and started getting myself involved with daft lasses, but fuck me I am struggling. Turned up late for work as I couldn't face getting out of bed and I feel sick, not like I'm actually going to be sick but like everything is just a big pile of shit.

I need to learn to stop doing this to myself but I just can't stop

I'm in a real bad way today, had a great Xmas catching up with friends but back to reality today and I feel as bad as I have done for 2 years. It's my fault, I've caned the drink, acted like a bit of dick, deprived myself of sleep and started getting myself involved with daft lasses, but fuck me I am struggling. Turned up late for work as I couldn't face getting out of bed and I feel sick, not like I'm actually going to be sick but like everything is just a big pile of shit.

Mate you won't be the only one today

Lots in the same position, lots will have drank themselves silly, I know did

Don't drink the rest of the week and regroup a bit.

I'm just about to get train back to London and I'm at work tonight. Feels like end of the world at the minute.

I was prescribed with Sertraline two weeks ago, not a drink over Christmas. My sleep is disrupted and I'm constantly knackered... I don't know if they have worked or whether I just can't be bothered to feel bad anymore, a strange feeling.

Just keep going mate think of the positives in your life like you have a job and am sure there will be more.

Mate you won't be the only one today

Lots in the same position, lots will have drank themselves silly, I know did

Don't drink the rest of the week and regroup a bit.

I'm just about to get train back to London and I'm at work tonight. Feels like end of the world at the minute.

I absolutely won't be the only one, in fact I feel a bit daft for being dramatic about it.

I think Christmas, as much as I love it, brings home a lot of hard truths for me. Basically I am a very lonely person and if it wasn't for the pub I'd practically be a recluse. I see all my mates with their partners at this time of year and I feel very left out.

I absolutely won't be the only one, in fact I feel a bit daft for being dramatic about it.

I think Christmas, as much as I love it, brings home a lot of hard truths for me. Basically I am a very lonely person and if it wasn't for the pub I'd practically be a recluse. I see all my mates with their partners at this time of year and I feel very left out.

Not being dramatic at all mate. 2017 is a new year, Christmas is gone now. Don't get caught up on what others are doing, just look after yourself, slowly work towards what you want.

Can't be worse than today IMO like.

Not being dramatic at all mate. 2017 is a new year, Christmas is gone now. Don't get caught up on what others are doing, just look after yourself, slowly work towards what you want.

Can't be worse than today IMO like.

Thanks mate, appreciate it. This place is a bit of a release for me, only really on here do I open up about my feelings a bit. I just want today over and to sleep and feel better tomorrow.

Back