Depford -finally to reach its potential?

I'm not convinced the Engine Room is a pub and will probably be less so when the auditorium opens. I've never got away with Tilleys for some reason but can't put my finger on it.
Hanover Place also struggles for identity. Is it a pub, a restaurant or a venue?
Still a decent little route though. I've always tended to start in Deptford and work my way up.
Tilleys could do with being picked up and moved closer to Josephs/Sinatras.
Still a canny hike from the vaults to the kings arms on foot. Suppose you could always pop into home bargains on the way down for some cheap Balkan lager for the journey 😂
Everytime I walk down to the Kings I forget how far it is. Doesn't help that you can't see it in the distance while walking down because of the way the road curves all the way down.

Last edited:

They already run the new business at Hanover Place. Sounded to me like they were moving San Marino into it and just ceasing to have the Chester road one.
Sadly not, according to the Echo: "Unlike the Italian food of the couple’s other venture, Hanover Place is serving tapas and British classics such as fish and chips, bubble and squeak and afternoon teas, as well as Wearside favourites such as panackelty - although it is serving the famous San Marino bread."

Sadly not, according to the Echo: "Unlike the Italian food of the couple’s other venture, Hanover Place is serving tapas and British classics such as fish and chips, bubble and squeak and afternoon teas, as well as Wearside favourites such as panackelty - although it is serving the famous San Marino bread."
Panack. Tremendous. Don't think anyone else sells it.

The lady of the couple running it is the daughter of Franco, the original Italian owner of San Marino. Her fella appears to be English.

Tilleys could do with being picked up and moved closer to Josephs/Sinatras.

Everytime I walk down to the Kings I forget how far it is. Doesn't help that you can't see it in the distance while walking down because of the way the road curves all the way down.
Sunderland council building curvey roads
Labour out
The lady of the couple running it is the daughter of Franco, the original Italian owner of San Marino. Her fella appears to be English.
Well described in a very pc way

That was before lockdown....they will keep san marinos going they know italian sells.

Panack ffs. The amount of places stealing a leaving knocking out slop these days is unbelievable.

Such a shame, the food at Hanover Place and the staff were absolutely superb, the only problem was limited opening and poor parking provision, we often ended up parking around the corner of The Saltgrass.

Back