Depeche Mode - RIP Fletch

I'm going to see them in the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn in June, really looking forward to it.

Oh right, now I know that they are "girlie", I'm reconsidering my opinion.........
Will be great.I saw them in Rome last June.Was fantastic.

Saw them twice last year - they are brilliant live!

Really?
How does that work when the one lad (Fletcher?) is famous for turning out and just standing there not actually playing?

I remember when Gahan got all frustrated coz he wanted to be a rock and roller not a frontman of synth pop band so he grew his Barnet out, got covered in tatts and moved to LA to be a heroin junkie.

Best group in history - FACT.

Kraftwerk have just removed you from their Christmas card list.

Really?
How does that work when the one lad (Fletcher?) is famous for turning out and just standing there not actually playing?

I remember when Gahan got all frustrated coz he wanted to be a rock and roller not a frontman of synth pop band so he grew his Barnet out, got covered in tatts and moved to LA to be a heroin junkie.

:D:D

Really?

Most influential musicians of all time. FACT.

....I remember when Gahan got all frustrated coz he wanted to be a rock and roller not a frontman of synth pop band so he grew his Barnet out, got covered in tatts and moved to LA to be a heroin junkie.....

:lol:

I guess that's one way of remembering it.

An alternative view is that Depeche Mode nearly folded in early 90's during the aftermath of Violater... Mute Records were wanting to set up a USA office around same period and money was tight due to uncertainty surrounding DM (Gahan had an overdose and almost died)... in the end it was the revenue generated in that period by inspiral carpets releases that allowed Mute to pursue their North American ventures, and several years later Gahan had recovered, and they went onto record what became one of their best ever albums (Songs of Faith & Devotion) which resulted them reinventing themselves with much darker edge, and the rest is history.
I am a huge fan of DM and the fact they have been releasing some very good albums for around four decades now says it all :cool:

:lol:

I guess that's one way of remembering it.

An alternative view is that Depeche Mode nearly folded in early 90's during the aftermath of Violater... Mute Records were wanting to set up a USA office around same period and money was tight due to uncertainty surrounding DM (Gahan had an overdose and almost died)... in the end it was the revenue generated in that period by inspiral carpets releases that allowed Mute to pursue their North American ventures, and several years later Gahan had recovered, and they went onto record what became one of their best ever albums (Songs of Faith & Devotion) which resulted them reinventing themselves with much darker edge, and the rest is history.
I am a huge fan of DM and the fact they have been releasing some very good albums for around four decades now says it all :cool:

Well said sir!

Haven't quite hit the heights of Violator in recent years but still excellent. I'm gravely suspicious of anyone that doesn't like them or The The. Likely to be wronguns in my humble opinion!
Violator isn't even their best album man.

That's my favourite Depeche Mode track. Was in a night club in Prague off the beaten track many years ago and it was locals plus me and a few mates and this came on. The whole place was bouncing and my mates reckoned they had never heard it before.

My two daughters are going to see them at a festival in Madrid later this year.
How on earth do you dance to ‘shake the disease’?

I prefer their pre 1990 material but I do like this.

Last edited:

Back