Denver Hume

Needs 2 full seasons starting before he is the finished product.

He's decent, can improve on some things, other he does well.

Agree with a lot of that marra.
He's nowhere nr the finished article.
It's his first season playing regularly and will improve.
He's gonna make mistakes.
The problem with our fans is that cos DH is our most creative player regularly (and he is against stronger teams like Ipswich too), that they see him on the bsll more, and his final balls often could be better (though this could also be due to poor movement from our attackers like Wyke!),so they think he's too weak.

Sorry. Yes, maguire and Gooch create more imp chances, hume is our most sought out player to get the ball to, in our formation, to get crosses in (and like I said, I think a lot of his issues on final ball is due to poor movement by Wyke)
We use him far more than onien.
He puts in more crosses per game than any player, and his goal creation will improve lots.

He is a more imp player than onien atm (who I also rate).
I just can't understand how anyone can think he is poor!
(and btw, I understand he has flaws and needs improvement)

Lacking?
In final distribution maybe.
He put in loads of crosses. Had loads of the ball.
Wouldn't surprise me if he had more touches of the ball in the oppo half than any Safc player.
The strikers movement can be as good as Messi/Ronaldo but if the cross doesn’t beat the first man 80% of the time, the striker can do fuck all.

I like him but his final ball seriously needs to improve. If it did then we’d likely be flying.

I thought he played class last night. Yes he could be more accurate with his final ball at times but Wyke is terrible at getting into space or positions to score in the box.

I'll say it again, very inexperienced, just learning his trade, but will add, he's come on tones since Ross fucked him about

As others have said, Final Ball needs to be worked on. Also his strength and heading. Caught out positionally when defending a couple of times recently too. But he's still only 21, lots to learn. Certainly a promising player for the future

I think that's learning the game tbh, he's certainly not slow in taking people on. Earlier in his career he tried to do it all the time, offered no variation, never tried to play clever and pick when he took players on and when he didn't, now he is. If I was going to pick faults and I won't as he's one of our most important players and still developing it certainly wouldn't be when and where he takes opposition players on.
just my opinion m8 but showing more intent by taking players on and beating them shows confidence , some of our moves seem to slow down , the strikers are getting into space waiting , then he stops his run either goes back to mf ,the lads up top are now checking there line of position , its constructive criticism not trying to say hes shite ,imo could be the shit our fans give him early this season , mind sometimes gooch can do the same and he was the massive miss whenout injured .

This board is top class. We have a good win last night, and we've got 2 threads on a couple of our younger players stating how shite they are. They're both playing well, but we all realise they're both linited (we are plaing in League one after all), but to simply say they're 'shite' is a bit off imo.

This board is top class. We have a good win last night, and we've got 2 threads on a couple of our younger players stating how shite they are. They're both playing well, but we all realise they're both linited (we are plaing in League one after all), but to simply say they're 'shite' is a bit off imo.
Hume didn't play well though

Good wee player, with a decent future ahead of him in the Championship. He contributes a lot going forward and has been involved in quite a few goals this year. Sure, people point to a few goals conceded that he has been responsible for but people did the same with PVA when he was here, and were doing the same with Andy Robertson when he was at Hull. The defensive side will improve with experience.

His crossing takes a lot of criticism, but he has also put in some terrific crosses over the season. Overall I think it is pretty decent.

Last edited:

Back