Dentists.

Had massive toothache during the first lockdown. Had several phone appts and antibiotics but it needed taking out. First time of trying they couldn't do it coz of the sinus nerve apparently. Didn't know it ran they the time but it does hey ho. They had to get a proper dental surgeon to do it the following week. Can't knock the NHS and it cost me the total of a poorly cephalopod.

Had massive toothache during the first lockdown. Had several phone appts and antibiotics but it needed taking out. First time of trying they couldn't do it coz of the sinus nerve apparently. Didn't know it ran they the time but it does hey ho. They had to get a proper dental surgeon to do it the following week. Can't knock the NHS and it cost me the total of a poorly cephalopod.
I have the same problem, long rooted teeth that are higher than the sinus line.

Referral to the hospital was at least 9 months so my japanese dentist, who weighs as much as one of my legs, took it out.

She sweated that much, she now weighs as much as one of my arms.
😁

Spoke a dentist once at a party and he said that NHS money was only good for getting in the patients to sell private work to.
He was quite traditional and didn't carry on like that but he said that most dentists he knew pushed people into private work as they make more money.

The main con is hygienists, who get referred to after appointments who charge 40/50 quid for what should be covered in your examination anyway.
Cheap that like. I went to my local hygienist the other week and it was 80+ quid. Scandalous like but it needs paying, it's an essential (imo anyway).

Cheap that like. I went to my local hygienist the other week and it was 80+ quid. Scandalous like but it needs paying, it's an essential (imo anyway).

His argument was that everything a hygienist does is covered by the standard fee you pay for a dentists appointment.
The dentist should scale, polish and clean as part of the service and has a set fee.
What they offer is a visit to the hygienist, which is private, so they can charge what they like.
He did refer the odd patient to a hygienist, but this was only in bad cases where he simply couldn't attend to the state of the teeth in the time allowed.

These days many practices have been bought by larger companies and so the dentists are targeted on referrals and extra services, rather than being health driven.

Basically, a bit racket. I'm lucky that my work pays for my dental treatments to a certain point, so it's not me who pays anyway.

Back