Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Status
Not open for further replies.

God yes !!

Please post your advice here, I suffer badly from soreness.

I have a QUAD protein shake after workouts, also daily, standard Multivitamins, Vitamin C, Glucoseamine Sulphate (+ banana in breakfast)

What shall I add - magnesium ? L-Glutamine ?

I love it me, however it's a fucker in the legs when you can't walk properly, especially if you want to go for a run the next day.

There's plenty of dietary supplements or foods you can eat that will help, but nothing beats warming up, stretching, cooling down, stretching.

I see plenty of idiots in the gym jumping straight into heavy sets. I'm convinced its because they think that few percent they put into a warm up will reduce the amount they can do in their heavier sets.

shepherd88 said:
Worst is going for a shite.

Thought I was going to have phone someone to help me at work last week after I had been for a nice afternoon poo

Hahaha couldn't agree more, fuckin nacks.

Ice bath, hot and cold contrast showers, Cherry juice, proper PWO nutrition, at least 7.5-8 hours sleep, ZMA, low impact recovery exercise (yoga, very light jog, swimming) the day after...

I can conclude that none of these remedies have removed the dreaded DOMS, after squats and deadlifts I'm still like a George A. Romero zombie moans included

foam rolling before a workout, then either a light jog or walk after - no intensity to it just recovery.

Hit legs really hard yesterday. Walking like John Wayne today.......absolute agony

Same apart from it was Friday for me. Although had it much worse, remember once when I couldn't move my arms properly for days, agony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back