Defrosting a chicken breast

Status
Not open for further replies.

girojim

Striker
Forgot to take one out the freezer last night for me tea tonight. Been looking online and it says I can defrost it in cold water in a few hours but it says to change the water every 30 minutes. Now if I am not able to change the water would that be a massive problem?

Forgot to take one out the freezer last night for me tea tonight. Been looking online and it says I can defrost it in cold water in a few hours but it says to change the water every 30 minutes. Now if I am not able to change the water would that be a massive problem?
Hoy it in an watertight plastic bag in said water and problem solved

Microwave the fucker

On defrost obvs

Leave it on the bench all day.

It'll be fine.

That's basically what I would do. Fridge overnight or bench morning to evening.

It went very wrong for an old housemate of mine once though. Ants discovered it so he got home to a trail of ants and a defrosted, semi-eaten chicken breast surrounded by drowned ants.

It went very wrong for an old housemate of mine once though. Ants discovered it so he got home to a trail of ants and a defrosted, semi-eaten chicken breast surrounded by drowned ants.

I play a trick on ants

I see one scrurring across the kitchen I'll give it a bit of sugar.. it will scoff a bit then go tell all its mates.

clean the sugar up so that when it returns with its mates they will all think he is a lying chunt

Stick it in a jiffybag.

I love a good Ant story.

Once read a cracker on here in a 'Billy Bull S****er' thread: The crux of it was on a lads holiday one of the lads disappeared early. Rest of the lads got back and couldn't find him in the morning. When he returned he said he didn't have a key and got locked out of the room, so slept in the corridor, but a colony of ants found him and carried him somewhere else while he slept.

Do you know these bags of frozen chicken breasts which can be cooked from frozen. Totally different species from those chickens which weren't hatched frozen.

Why not just go to the shop and buy a fresh one and keep the frozen one for another day? That's what I do when I forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back