Defoe wants to leave Sunderland for West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why would he go where he's hated and clubs have steered clear of players before because of fan reaction.

The West Ham fan on here has said the reception would be mixed. Were he to score a few early goals for them the animosity would soon subside.

The West Ham fan on here has said the reception would be mixed. Were he to score a few early goals for them the animosity would soon subside.

Lads I know despise him, whether he scores goals or not they wouldn't have him.

I'm afraid this isn't really news is it? We're going down and Defoe is leaving. Accept it and enjoy the time we have together in the PL would be my advice for all concerned!

Please don't get worked up that Defoe is positioning himself for his next move. The next PL season starts in little more than 4 months and he'll be in pre season training in London in 3 months time!

I wasn't suggesting it was old Deano, I'm in the new 20+ bracket.

I'm shocked that someone aged 36 acts like bellend a for around 18 hours a day on a forum.

so you're 40+ yet still have all this built up vitriol and hatred because of football have you not realised theres more to life than football yet??

I'm afraid this isn't really news is it? We're going down and Defoe is leaving. Accept it and enjoy the time we have together in the PL would be my advice for all concerned!

Please don't get worked up that Defoe is positioning himself for his next move. The next PL season starts in little more than 4 months and he'll be in pre season training in London in 3 months time!

big vic leading your line in the championship.....but hey you'll piss it by 20 points according to some on here

so you're 40+ yet still have all this built up vitriol and hatred because of football have you not realised theres more to life than football yet??
Listen, you don't know me from Adam, I've explained on numerous occasions my problems on here after years of battling.

Defoe and Wright are pretty close so I'd be surprised if this isn't accurate. Can't blame the bloke - 34yo and still good enough for top end of the PL but is stuck with out shit players. Not sure why West Ham is such an attractive option - nothing club with nothing fans playing in an Athletics Stadium - he won't get anything like the atmosphere he gets at the SOL playing there....
:lol::lol:

Wright -

“I’ve spoken to him (Defoe) in the past and he has said he’d love to be able to go back and right that wrong. We’re talking about a young guy who was badly advised.
The day after you go down, you hand in a transfer request. That is just terrible.
“He did that because he was advised to do that. His agent kicked West Ham when they were down. I bet nobody remembers the agent but everybody still remembers Jermain Defoe.

“There’s always going to be fans that never forgive you but you can only try and change the attitude of people. And if there’s anyone who can score goals to change the attitude of people, then I think it’s Defoe.”

Defoe -

“It was a massive mistake. I didn’t really want to do it.
“We’re talking about leaving the club I was in love with at the time because I came through the youth system with my friends, the fans loved me there. They were brilliant - every game they sang my name.
“The person who represented me at the time said, ‘You need to hand in a transfer request and get in early because all the lads are going to leave.’
“I remember going in and I was so nervous. It was (then Hammers chief executive) Paul Aldridge and I gave him the letter and he said, ‘What’s this?’ And I said, ‘It’s a transfer request’.
“And he looked at me as if to say, ‘Are you kidding?’
“The backlash was crazy. I felt like I was on my own and people were absolutely abusing me.
“To this day I can imagine West Ham fans look at me and think, ‘Who does he think he is? How can you do that? You’re a Judas’. And it’s quite sad really because I can honestly say I still love that club.”
Wrong he came through the youth at Charlton.
And while we're at it you never won the world cup

Last edited:
Do Defoe didn't start at Charlton????
And I'm banned until October,2017
You might be right about Charlton only a dickhead gets banned from their home ground, unless you can tell us different.
My bet is you've never been to WHL ( that's short for Spurs ground).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back