Defibrillators

Have done the training on using these a few times, always makes me laugh when they show the contents of the case and the shittiest little disposable razor is included for hairy men. The idea that someone is having a heart attack in front of you and you're meant to take out the razor and shave the hairy areas before applying the pads (in which case I'd be well and truly fucked!)

brought it up with one instructor and they said yeah fuck that. Just put the pads on hard and whip them off, like waxing strips. Then you're good to reapply them!

i was on my first aid course 3 days last week.

the defib bit is fool proof. all you have to do is turn it on. theres dead basic illustrations telling you where to put the two pads and it read the patient itself and will only do a shock if its needed. it speaks to you telling you what to do anarl. class bit of equipment like

Have done the training on using these a few times, always makes me laugh when they show the contents of the case and the shittiest little disposable razor is included for hairy men. The idea that someone is having a heart attack in front of you and you're meant to take out the razor and shave the hairy areas before applying the pads (in which case I'd be well and truly fucked!)

brought it up with one instructor and they said yeah fuck that. Just put the pads on hard and whip them off, like waxing strips. Then you're good to reapply them!

Aye but sometimes has to be done. People usually sweat like mad right before a cardiac arrest. Whole body just gets drenched

I offered to buy one for our local junior football academy if they paid for the installation and secure casing.
Tight wads said no.
Good job the local cricket club had one installed not far away.

I haven’t read the thread but I’d be amazed if there wasn’t at least one available for public access at the SOL
There should be more than 1.
I’d say one in each stand would be better

The machine is so clever compared to the ones I first trained on
By getting a good clean contact on the chest helps the machine calibrate impedance giving a better shock bi phasically and being more efficient
Clean and dry the chest

Last edited:
There should be more than 1.
I’d say one in each stand would be better

The machine is so clever compared to the ones I first trained on
By getting a good clean contact on the chest helps the machine calibrate impedance giving a better shock bi phasically and being more efficient
Clean and dry the chest
Oh I totally get it, I just think I’m fucked if someone has to shave me before they get to actually use the defibrillator. I’ll be long gone by the time theyre done!

what would the support for, RAWA to make contact with the club and to discuss the situation. it would be a good idea (in my mind) for supporters to get together for fundraising.
I appreciate, its nowt money to the club, but supporters doing something for supporters means a lot more.
As I have suffered cardiac arrests, I appreciate that it can happen to anybody at anytime.

what would the support for, RAWA to make contact with the club and to discuss the situation. it would be a good idea (in my mind) for supporters to get together for fundraising.
I appreciate, its nowt money to the club, but supporters doing something for supporters means a lot more.
As I have suffered cardiac arrests, I appreciate that it can happen to anybody at anytime.

Would be a great idea. Couple on the concourses but then maybe couple at the front of the stands on the railings on. One behind each goal and then one in east and west concourses
It’s not going to win any prizes with a bic but I’ve made the room light up blue with ill fitting pads

🤣

Last edited:

Back