Defibrillators

It sounds like ones been used at Sid Jamess today. Are there public access defibs (PADS) at The SOL?
As a county, Cornwall punches well above its weight with these PADs. Looe for instance has something like 9 from the bridge to the sea ( about 300mtrs) and many villages and public buildings have one very near by.
we have them on the walls outside pubs, there’s many red phone boxes are now PADs as opposed to housing phones after the phonebox was donated to the community by BT.
I don’t think is unreasonable for upto 47k people to have access to one on each concourse really if they don’t already but I’ve never seen one at the ground.

It sounds like ones been used at Sid Jamess today. Are there public access defibs (PADS) at The SOL?
As a county, Cornwall punches well above its weight with these PADs. Looe for instance has something like 9 from the bridge to the sea ( about 300mtrs) and many villages and public buildings have one very near by.
we have them on the walls outside pubs, there’s many red phone boxes are now PADs as opposed to housing phones after the phonebox was donated to the community by BT.
I don’t think is unreasonable for upto 47k people to have access to one on each concourse really if they don’t already but I’ve never seen one at the ground.
Think someone mentioned there are in the match thread, think all stadiums should have them in the four corners at the very least... surely won't be that much of a dent in the balance of the club and could save lives

FA funded all of them

20’odd yrs ago there was a study out in the USA ( i think) and they suggested that where ever you had a fire extinguisher in a public place there should be a defib. That city had the best out of hospital cardiac arrest survival rates in the world. It’s not a coincidence
How much does one cost? I noticed one in Hetton and I'm surprised it hasn't gone missing.
About £600 each when I was putting them in place.
Vandalism does happen but not as much as you would expect especially if the community raises money for it. By getting the kids involved then the kids are less likely to smash it up

Last edited:
20’odd yrs ago there was a study out in the USA ( i think) and they suggested that where ever you had a fire extinguisher in a public place there should be a defib. That city had the best out of hospital cardiac arrest survival rates in the world. It’s not a coincidence

Vandalism does happen but not as much as you would expect especially if the community raises money for it. By getting the kids involved then the kids are less likely to smash it up
I thought they would be a lot more. Should be compulsory to have them in workplaces at that price.

It has been a massive forward step in having defibs publicly available in the UK compared to ten years ago. I see a large number when I am travelling around the North West and the outside of churches seems to be a popular place for housing them.

Said on the match thread, mental that the crowd had to ask a player to ask the ref to ask the physio to take the defib from the dugout to the opposite stand!

The cardiac science g5 is retailing at over £1k
We were getting the G3 for about £600 about 10yr ago but we were buying them by the 100s
Thing is knob heads would just start to fuck about with them

Great idea btw
They do but not as much as you would think
Many are in locked metal cabinets with a keypad where you get the number when you dial 999
It would be a massive PR boost to the club and a sponsor increasing numbers at the ground
Strike while the irons hot with recent events at SJp and in the euros. We shouldn’t allow people to forget how important they are

Last edited:
The cardiac science g5 is retailing at over £1k
We were getting the G3 for about £600 about 10yr ago but we were buying them by the 100s

They do but not as much as you would think
Many are in locked metal cabinets with a keypad where you get the number when you dial 999
It would be a massive PR boost to the club and a sponsor increasing numbers at the ground
Strike while the irons hot with recent events at SJp and in the euros. We shouldn’t allow people to forget how important they are

Ive seen a few kicking about lately with key lock things on the front tbf

we've got this one at work so I'm guessing between £1000 and £1500

Getting involved with something like the British heart foundation, they might supply it and train the people at your work for the retail price as the company make charitable donations as opposed to buying it. The BHF then keep it upto date

Anyone smashing up a defrib. should be branded on the forehead and denied access to one for life.

Back