RTG Defamatory/Abusive Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funny how the handful of posters who regularly get banned still manage to have thousands upon thousands of posts. :oops:
I know how, I actually created a second account.

@Turny

It didn't take long for the gods to work it out as I knew they would.

Ok have a laugh but people who have multiple usernames should be banned and then banned again and again and again and again.

... Normally when a person is warned the post is deleted - which means there is no way of displaying it to the user, although I hope in reality most people can remember what they have posted and why they might have been warned.
:lol::lol:

When you get a warning are you notified of it? Just I remember once upon a time looking through mine and its stuff I didn't even realise happened at the time.

When you get a warning are you notified of it? Just I remember once upon a time looking through mine and its stuff I didn't even realise happened at the time.
Yep you always get an alert, and a warning will be added to your rap sheet on your profile page. The rap sheet isn't available to view at the minute due to the upgrades but you will still get an alert if you get a warning.

Damn. I should have read this thread before responding to MBH on the other thread:eek:

Anyway, lets keep this on topic - it isn't about the warnings system, that can be discussed elsewhere.

Can it, though, Roger?
With the greatest of respect to you, that just doesn’t happen. Any discussion about warnings and bans is quickly deleted by the moderators. I’ve been on here since 2007 and I’ve never noticed any successful threads on the topic.

There’s clearly discontent on here about how warnings are administered without clear explanations as to why, and indeed perceived favouritism or harsh treatment of certain posters where some may be banned or warned while others get away with the same thing or are (allegedly) even given new logins while maintaining their striker status...

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want an explanation when warned, that would surely make the system more transparent and fair. Other forums have comments from the moderators when posters get a bit overexcited, couldn’t we do it here?

That said, I realise the moderators and you do a very good job at running the forum. It’s the system that needs tweaking, that’s all.

Can it, though, Roger?
With the greatest of respect to you, that just doesn’t happen. Any discussion about warnings and bans is quickly deleted by the moderators. I’ve been on here since 2007 and I’ve never noticed any successful threads on the topic.

There’s clearly discontent on here about how warnings are administered without clear explanations as to why, and indeed perceived favouritism or harsh treatment of certain posters where some may be banned or warned while others get away with the same thing or are (allegedly) even given new logins while maintaining their striker status...

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want an explanation when warned, that would surely make the system more transparent and fair. Other forums have comments from the moderators when posters get a bit overexcited, couldn’t we do it here?

That said, I realise the moderators and you do a very good job at running the forum. It’s the system that needs tweaking, that’s all.
I had two warnings in quick succession, within a month, iirc, that I knew nothing about until a "why have I got a warning" thread came up. It was about my swearing. It wasn't using words I'd never used before, nor indeed a word (I'm presuming it was a particular word beginning with c that got me the warnings) that others were using on a regular basis.

I didn't get another one, despite not changing my way of posting, until yet another one of these posts came up a few years later and I went a bit overboard, deliberately, with the swearing. Out of context, it was deserved, but everyone in that thread was going overboard and it was quite clearly being done for effect by everyone who posted. Easiest answer, to me, was just to lock or delete the post. No matter, warning number 3 it was.

My difficulty with the warning system is the lack of actual warning. I appreciate that this may be a failing in the system being used, but it remains a failing. If a poster is unknowingly breaching protocol, then that poster should be alerted to it as soon as possible, rather than blindly stumbling into two, three, four or more violations without realising it and facing a ban.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back