RTG Defamatory/Abusive Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

Striker
It's close season, and I know people are bored, and I know this is a footy fans message board but once again can I remind people of the terms and conditions they signed up to when they joined here - in particular:

"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is obscene, defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains nudity, adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws."

This applies equally whether you are talking about another forum member, staff and players at the club, a politician or anyone else, or indeed under English Law a company who may sue for defamation.

Regardless of the legal side of things, the defamatory and abusive posts on here are not acceptable, and can't all be dismissed as "banter".

Myself and the rest of the moderation team will be getting more pro-active as things have clearly reached an unacceptable level.

Stick to forum rules and facts and you have no problems. Continue to post abusive, defamatory or threatening posts and expect to get warned and subsequently banned.

When a warning is received an better explanation why would help. Even a screenshot of the offending post.
I agree, if it was up to me I would have a section where it's all laid out what constitutes a warning, what constitutes a ban.

Could even list the people in the ban section with a rough summary of what they did wrong.

I think it's a bit ad hoc the approach to regulating people on the forum like.

I agree, if it was up to me I would have a section where it's all laid out what constitutes a warning, what constitutes a ban.

Could even list the people in the ban section with a rough summary of what they did wrong.

Set up your own forum?
I don't think the OP's thread was meant for people to challenge the way things are being run.

F….

Edit: I better not.

Having been on the receiving end of such personal abuse recently I think this is a step in the right direction. Certain posters on here are only here to cause trouble.

I can see the help desk filling up with "(innocent posters)" wondering why they got a warning, what is the best way to find out as you must admit the generic inappropriate behaviour doesn't really help. I normally PM a mod - is this the best way to get a full explanation? If it is I can see mods getting overwhelmed with PMs especially on match day.

The warning system is far from perfect, I don't disagree - but we are really limited to what Xenforo offer us. Normally when a person is warned the post is deleted - which means there is no way of displaying it to the user, although I hope in reality most people can remember what they have posted and why they might have been warned.
We have seen in the past that some people regard bans as a "badge of honour" so I don't think having a hall of fame is a great idea. The 'private' warnings might also potentially be subject to confidentiality/GDPR issues.

Anyway, lets keep this on topic - it isn't about the warnings system, that can be discussed elsewhere. It is a reminder that people need to think about what they are posting and if they don't adhere to the rules they can expect to lose the rights to post here.

It's close season, and I know people are bored, and I know this is a footy fans message board but once again can I remind people of the terms and conditions they signed up to when they joined here - in particular:

"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is obscene, defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains nudity, adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws."

This applies equally whether you are talking about another forum member, staff and players at the club, a politician or anyone else, or indeed under English Law a company who may sue for defamation.

Regardless of the legal side of things, the defamatory and abusive posts on here are not acceptable, and can't all be dismissed as "banter".

Myself and the rest of the moderation team will be getting more pro-active as things have clearly reached an unacceptable level.

Stick to forum rules and facts and you have no problems. Continue to post abusive, defamatory or threatening posts and expect to get warned and subsequently banned.
entirely co incidental on the day of Boris` coronation i`m sure:lol:

Good idea. That would instantly raise the standard of moderation and level the playing field for everyone

Good idea. That would instantly raise the standard of moderation and level the playing field for everyone
I get what @Roger is saying aswell about the badge of honour thing.

But those people don't have to be pandered to. It should be examples where its not blatently obvious what went wrong.

i just think the majority of people on the board mean well and sometimes get caught out a little.

Although he knows this place way better than me so I'm probably wrong :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back