Deep Purple & Blue Öyster Cult

Tour next year. Anyone gannin? Leeds for us.

Never seen Deep Purple as I'm not keen on the idea of them without Blackmore but BÖC were immense at Northumbria Uni a couple of year back so should more than make up for it.

Never seen Deep Purple as I'm not keen on the idea of them without Blackmore but BÖC were immense at Northumbria Uni a couple of year back so should more than make up for it.
Local lad Don Airey in now though who is still a proud mackem. Pops into Harbour view on a Thursday if he can when home and generally gets up to play a tune or 2

Even though Steve Morse has been with them longer than Blackmore was?

On your feet or on your knee,s .. Graffiti at bedhampton train station on the 1970s.. Here are the amazing blue oyster cult.. Stayed there for at least 10 years...

Might be better off going to see Glenn Hughes, at least he can still sing

:lol: You niver mentioned Blackmore.

But MkII. > MkIII.
Depends on your listening stance. Was a big fan of the Mk II line up, but that soured somewhat after they reformed & the utter crap they turned out after Perfect Strangers.

Take a look at the downloads on YouTube before making your mind up. Gillan's voice is totally shot (he even has a dancing frog on stage to sing the higher notes).

Depends on your listening stance. Was a big fan of the Mk II line up, but that soured somewhat after they reformed & the utter crap they turned out after Perfect Strangers.

Take a look at the downloads on YouTube before making your mind up. Gillan's voice is totally shot (he even has a dancing frog on stage to sing the higher notes).
Already bought the tickets. BÖC'll do the business even if Deep Purple can't.

Must admit I've never thought much of the track Perfect Strangers.

DP are at the O2 so won't go.
Saw them at Lewisham Odeon and I doubt that would be improved on; BOC don't look they are performing at the same time.

DP are at the O2 so won't go.
Saw them at Lewisham Odeon and I doubt that would be improved on; BOC don't look they are performing at the same time.
Read this a few times and still trying to make sense of it. :lol:

You won't go 'cos they're at the O2?

BÖC are supporting on all dates.

ah OK, thanks. DP are also at the O2 10.3.20.

10/03/20LONDON, UNITED KINGDOMO2 (LONDON)
Don't fancy the o2 at all. Too big a venue.
Fair enough - I'm not a huge fan of big arenas. Leeds is a great venue though - proper auditorium.

Only seen Monty Python at the O2 so not sure what it'd be like for a gig.

Was meant to see Deep Purple back in ‘70 when they headlined with Free at the Rink.
Would have liked to have seen them back then with the original line up, just after Deep Purple in Rock was released.

Back