Decent Vector Editors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkscape - it's free
Adobe Illustrator - the de facto editor, but it'll cost you. It's a yearly subscription based model, so you're always paying for it.

Inkscape - it's free
Adobe Illustrator - the de facto editor, but it'll cost you. It's a yearly subscription based model, so you're always paying for it.

I always preferred Freehand to Illustrator. Not sure why, I just found MF a bit more intuitive. (As far as vector graphics are in any way intuitive, the cunts).

Anybody recommend a decent vector editor for windows or mac?
Boris Bear aka Thread West

Affinity Designer isn't free but its an up and coming alternative to Adobe Illustrator with a lot of online tutorials etc

Came out on Mac but there's a Windows version too

Sketch (Mac only) and Illustrator both have free trials if you've not used either before.

Depends on the complexity of what you're trying to do. If it's complex I'd go Illustrator, if it's fairly simple Sketch is easier to use and will do the job.

I always used Macromedia Freehand, personally.
I loved Freehand. They did integrate some Freehand type features into Illustrator after Adobe bought them out, but it's never been as easy to use as Freehand was.

Just get an Adobe Illustrator account? It's a pittance a month and pisses all ower anything else.

Sure you can get a 2 week trial anarl?

Just get an Adobe Illustrator account? It's a pittance a month and pisses all ower anything else.

Sure you can get a 2 week trial anarl?
It's not that cheap, the app by itself is about £20 a month. Although a student Creative Cloud subscription is £16 a month for all the apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back