Decent spec laptop - budget £400

Fletch

Striker
anyone recommend a decent laptop that could be used for work/college stuff , budget is £400, aware that processor is important and have heard of i3 and i5 processors (im assuming i5 processor is better) , as you can tell i'm not fully clued up :lol:

anyone recommend a decent laptop that could be used for work/college stuff , budget is £400, aware that processor is important and have heard of i3 and i5 processors (im assuming i5 processor is better) , as you can tell i'm not fully clued up :lol:

Does it need a CD drive etc? You might be better with a "Netbook"

Does it have to be a laptop mate, I have a dell Microform factor optiplex 3050 its got a Core I3 4GB Ram a 500 gig hard Drives comes with windows 10 a brand new Keyboard and Mouse its still in the box too

I have no use for it at all and could do you a deal

Does it have to be a laptop mate, I have a dell Microform factor optiplex 3050 its got a Core I3 4GB Ram a 500 gig hard Drives comes with windows 10 a brand new Keyboard and Mouse its still in the box too

I have no use for it at all and could do you a deal
Thanks offer mate but after a laptop not desktop , stick it on gumtree ?

Lenovo ThinkPad. Built like tanks.
This, have a look on Ebay. I got a refurb X23o with I5 processor, 8gb Ram and 180gb SSD for about £150 and came brand new. They are all used business machines, built to run 8 hours a day and all the parts are replaceable. They won't win any beauty awards but are a bargain.

if you can stretch to 409.99

Buy Lenovo IdeaPad 320 15.6 In i5 8GB 128GB Laptop - Blue at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Laptops and netbooks, Laptops and PCs, Technology.

not sure about only 128GB if you are downloading movies that would run out sharpish
That's very similar to the one we got for my dad on Black Friday - nice bit of kit.

Thing with refurbs is that you get older model CPUs. The current generation (8 I think) are way better than anything before them, as the core count has been lifted in response to AMD's resurgence

That's very similar to the one we got for my dad on Black Friday - nice bit of kit.

Thing with refurbs is that you get older model CPUs. The current generation (8 I think) are way better than anything before them, as the core count has been lifted in response to AMD's resurgence
I'm not sure about the 78xx's when i was specing up a desktop before in nov they seem to require water cooling. I read they are a stop gap and are basically over clocked 77xx's apart from the extra cores. Thats okay in a desktop but a laptop can't handle the heat my 7700hq laptops like a fan heater already. Could be the gtx1050 in it tho

I'm not sure about the 78xx's when i was specing up a desktop before in nov they seem to require water cooling. I read they are a stop gap and are basically over clocked 77xx's apart from the extra cores. Thats okay in a desktop but a laptop can't handle the heat my 7700hq laptops like a fan heater already. Could be the gtx1050 in it tho
??in english mate ?:lol:

Back