Decent Podcasts

Joe Rogan.

Never in a million years thought he would be my thing, wasn't interested when loads of people recommended it to me.

I must have listened to several hundred hours now easily. Absolutely class. He's very popular so there will be a few who say how much they hate him, you only get those kind of responses to the most popular podcasts for some reason.

Joe Rogan.

Never in a million years thought he would be my thing, wasn't interested when loads of people recommended it to me.

I must have listened to several hundred hours now easily. Absolutely class. He's very popular so there will be a few who say how much they hate him, you only get those kind of responses to the most popular podcasts for some reason.
Obviously very American centric, but he gets some great guests on... a lot of people who you’ve never heard of mostly, or at least I haven’t, which always makes me do some research into them afterwards.

Obviously very American centric, but he gets some great guests on... a lot of people who you’ve never heard of mostly, or at least I haven’t, which always makes me do some research into them afterwards.
Exactly this. I'm not big into American culture to begin with either, so I question why I like his show so much. The best ones I've heard are when he interviews people who aren't really even famous. People who have interesting stories about their lives.

Athletico Mince is not just the best podcast, but also one of the funniest things of all time.
Adam Buxton is really good.
Dan Snow’s History Hit.
Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History.

There is also a film one I listen to called Double Reel. Canny listen if you enjoy pure movie crack.
The presenter is a bit monotone to the point of dour at times, but knows his stuff and also supports The Lads.

Joe Rogan.

Probably because they're more well known, and so the number of people who dislike them are greater in number, meaning you're more likely to encounter people who dislike those podcasts.

I don't like Joe Rogan at all, but I dislike the broader ecosystem in which people like him and Jordan Peterson operate, trying to corner that demographic of pseudo-intellectual men under 40. I'm not saying you're one of those, I'm sure Rogan has many fans who do not fit that demographic.

Probably because they're more well known, and so the number of people who dislike them are greater in number, meaning you're more likely to encounter people who dislike those podcasts.

I don't like Joe Rogan at all, but I dislike the broader ecosystem in which people like him and Jordan Peterson operate, trying to corner that demographic of pseudo-intellectual men under 40. I'm not saying you're one of those, I'm sure Rogan has many fans who do not fit that demographic.
I might well fit the demographic. I consider myself to be of strong intellect but I might be kidding myself.

In the main I listen to football ones so the following:

Quickly Kevin
Undr the Cosh
Guardian Football Weekly
59th Minute
FML FPL
Peter Crouch
WMS
RR
What the Falk
NTT20
D3/D4
The Price of Football

I subscribe to Patreon for the first 2 and think it’s worth it for both for the extra content.

Think I’ll download a few Joe Rogan ones if anyone has any recommendations

Back