Decent Cameras

Discussion in 'Photography discussion' started by Patrick, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Patrick

Patrick Goalkeeper

Our lass (no) has been after a 'decent' camera for a while now. I don't have a clue on what constitutes as a good one nowadays but have just seen this deal on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DSC-H..._DLandingS_PC_f47f60b8_NA&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Was wondering if anyone could comment on whether its a decent camera or whether i'm best avoiding the deal and investing my money elsewhere?

Mainly used for holiday photos/videos and she does a fair bit of travelling with work.

2. big les

big les Winger

Not sure on the camera mate but if you stick some pics up of your lass i will gladly comment on that.

You can thank me later.

Bishop Boy likes this.
  3. oROSSo

oROSSo Striker Staff Member

if only there was a photography board populated by people with an interest in photography who could give you suggestions.

Bishop Boy and Roid like this.
  4. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

No one goes on,i asked on there ,zero replies

Got my son camera last year,paid a bit more .Done the google route "best entry camera " etc got him a nikon d3400 from those lists .You can thether it to phone for instant shares of pic which is canny

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  5. daveyc

daveyc Winger

I've got a Sony RX100 (IV), it's an outstanding bit of kit.

jaxaxe likes this.
  6. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

It’s fine, as long as she doesn’t want to change her lens. I had a bridge for years and loved it, but eventually traded up to a DSLR

7. Walter Ego

Walter Ego Winger

I can't believe Bridge cameras still exist.