December 9th live footy on tv

Morning MKM mate, liking how the set up and play, nice blue sky here as well.

Going to Northampton later to collect someone, it a shithole of a place.

You mentioned Sharon Davies, she had a huge house on Collingtree golf course when she was married to Derick Redmond with a lovely big swimming pool

Have a great day
You're not wrong about Northampton my friend....:)

Have a great day....

Morning Hank, Morning All

It’ll be Hammers v Gunners for the duck this windy Monday.

What a poor team we have, it’s been a car crash since losing those last two away games and the Final.

The owners have a LOT to answer for but are now noticeable for their absence.

Sad state of affairs and at this point I can’t see how it can turn round.

Manager seems clueless and players devoid of character and skill.

Morning Hanky mornen all

NOTS for me

Graft & home early to start prepping some grub for Wednesday. Family coming round to the walk the lights & I’m cooking 3 versions of sausage plait, plain, bit spicy & git hot.Will serve it with baked beans to keep it simple - 5 tins:)

Avvegudden everyone

Morning Mr Sword
Morning all, a bit chilly here. Anyway I’m intrigued that you feel the need to start prepping two days in advance.......
You’re only having sausage and beans !
Good to see you’re getting into the Xmas spirit though.

Good morning, one & all.

Many of us took the view that we had to stop chopping & changing managers every five minutes. Stability was needed, we said. But society has changed & once things didn't work out as hoped, the toys were out of the pram again & the unquenchable thirst for instant gratification reasserted its grip.

I liked Jack Ross & wasn't afraid to say so. The masses wanted him out, overlooking that they would have no say in who was appointed in his place. They didn't want Parkinson, but they got him.

Parkinson hasn't had long enough in the job for me to properly assess him, but his start has been poor. The masses now want him out, and so the pattern repeats itself.

The common denominator is the players. For whatever reason, they were beginning to look weak under Ross, weaker still under Parkinson. Why? Were they overrated? Probably. Were they weak-willed? Only they know the answer to that. Were they incapable of dealing with playing for our club, before crowds bigger than most had played for before, a crowd that can lift off the roof when the players visibly give their all, but quickly turn when they don't? That needs players with a certain mental steel. The visible evidence suggests most of the current crop don't possess it. They capitulate too easily & appear incapable of turning a game around once they go behind. Other teams know this (I claim no prizes for pointing it out) & exploit it with ease.

As @eddtheduck asked: where do we go from here? If only life were as easy as an Etch A Sketch: a quick shake & the whole mess is reset to a lovely clean page on which to start again. But it isn't & that means that we either stick with Parkinson in the hope of a post-Christmas miracle in the January window, a notoriously difficult time for buyers, or ditch him now & make another appointment who will then have that window to work with, but will face the same buying difficulties.

There is another option: write this season off (for many, it seems this has already happened), then set about make root and branch changes to the long term future running of the club. I'm thinking along the lines of what Matthew Benham has done at Brentford & Midtjylland. Here's one of many available links, to give a flavour of the sort of thing I'm talking about:

Of course, such strategies are incongruous with the interests of owners who have their eyes on making short term gains. Donald says he's in it for the long haul. If that's true, this, in my opinion, is what's needed. Will he do it? Will the fans be patient enough to defer their thirst for immediate success to make longer term, durable improvements to the club's future? I hope so, but fear not. In which case, we're left with the Americans. Can they ride in with their cavalry & save the day? We shall see....

Enjoy yasels. Stay true.

Last edited:
Morning all, a bit chilly here. Anyway I’m intrigued that you feel the need to start prepping two days in advance.......
You’re only having sausage and beans !
Good to see you’re getting into the Xmas spirit though.
Morning TB....

It's a bloody cold wind our there today...

Have a great day :)
Good morning, one & all.

Many of us took the view that we had to stop chopping & changing managers every five minutes. Stability was needed, we said. But society has changed & once things didn't work out as hoped, the toys were out of the pram again & the unquenchable thirst for instant gratification reasserted its grip.

I liked Jack Ross & wasn't afraid to say so. The masses wanted him out, overlooking that they would have no say in who was appointed in his place. They didn't want Parkinson, but they got him.

Parkinson hasn't had long enough in the job for me to properly assess him, but his start has been poor. The masses now want him out, and so the pattern repeats itself.

The common denominator is the players. For whatever reason, they were beginning to look weak under Ross, weaker still under Parkinson. Why? Were they overrated? Probably. Were they weak-willed? Only they know the answer to that. Were they incapable of dealing with playing for our club, before crowds bigger than most had played for before, a crowd that can lift off the roof when the players visibly give their all, but quickly turn when they don't? That needs players with a certain mental steel. The visible evidence suggests most of the current crop don't possess it. They capitulate too easily & appear incapable of turning a game around once they go behind. Other teams know this (I claim no prizes for pointing it out) & exploit it with ease.

As @eddtheduck asked: where do we go from here? If only life were as easy as an Etch A Sketch: a quick shake & the whole mess is reset to a lovely clean page on which to start again. But it isn't & that means that we either stick with Parkinson in the hope of a post-Christmas miracle in the January window, a notoriously difficult time for buyers, or ditch him now & make another appointment who will then have that window to work with, but will face the same buying difficulties.

There is another option: write this season off (for many, it seems this has already happened), then set about make root and branch changes to the long term future running of the club. I'm thinking along the lines of what Matthew Benham has done at Brentford & Midtjylland. Here's one of many available links, to give a flavour of the sort of thing I'm talking about:

Of course, such strategies are incongruous with the interests of owners who have their eyes on making short term gains. Donald says he's in it for the long haul. If that's true, this, in my opinion, is what's needed. Will he do it? Will the fans be patient enough to defer their thirst for immediate success to make longer term, durable improvements to the club's future? I hope so, but fear not. In which case, we're left with the Americans. Can they ride in with their cavalry & save the day? We shall see....

Enjoy yasels. Stay true.
Morning Cloughy lad...

The players must accept responsibility for the way things have gone , I have no idea what's going to happen next, its never boring being a lads fan :)

Last edited:
Morning TB....

It's a bloody cold wind our there today...

Have a great day :)

Morning Cloughy lad...

The players must accept responsibility for the way things have gone , I have no idea what's going to happen next, its never boring being a lads fan :)
True, on both counts, MK, la. And a very good morning to you, too. Back to the grindstone....

Morning Hank & morning all. Hammers maybe later. Didn't bother about the footy yesterday but caught up with the goals, thought The Foxes looked good. We play tomorrow @home to Luton Town, dreading it already. Anyway, have a great Monday and enjoy the game tonight.

@Dilligaf60 , 15000 notifications 🍉 🍉 🍉 :lol::lol::lol:.

@becs , enjoy the gym & the typing.

@Spam Javelin , @Rip Van Fish , morning.

@Wakey ftm in Sussex , sounds nice that, have a nice Monday.

@Mk Mackem , morning pal, have a good day , @The Great MES , @Kingdom Bhoy , @AndyGray1985 , morning , @Musicman , @Snorbens , hope it goes well , @Horley Chorley , have a good day mate , @Kid Galahad , @Butcher's Coat , @EchoMan , @robbied1 , @janey , @TaylorBoosh , @eddtheduck , @Roker 73 , @sismanhatton , @niceonemarra , @Johnap , @chunkylover53 , @viccarlton , @riffraff , @niknak_123 , @NewAdventuresInWiFi ,@BigPeter , @Wayne The Punk , @Stortford , @Dubai Si , @Frankel , @Quinnymelad , @Bulmers , @st joes lad , @calmac , @T_Bone , @thecloughywobble , morning pal , @123SunTan .....And everyone yet to post, enjoy your day 👍.
Good morning SFATI
Apologies for the late reply.
Have a good day, mate 👍

Good morning, one & all.

Enjoy yasels. Stay true.
Aft'noon Cloughy, Hank, et al

I hope you're in fine fettle, mate.
Another well written offering, from your good self, and I fully agree with your comments.
Our continued slump, cannot be blamed, entirely on the manager, in fact, I would apportion blame, mostly on the players, who seemed to have downed tools, and in some cases, appear to have switched professions, from football to sumo wrestling, judging by their very prominent stomachs.
The problem is, if PP is sacked, who ever comes in, will still be left, with the same bunch of disinterested, gutless, unprofessional, half arsed, players (at least until January)
The whole club, is in a downward spiral right now, and, we desperately need something good to happen, sooner rather than later, to lift the gloom, that's hanging over the club and its supporters.
I'll still be there on Satda, come rain, hail or shine, hoping for a win, as usual.

Have a good day, Cloughy
Morning Hank, morning everyone
West Ham for me.
Watched Rangers yesterday and you could see that result happening all day.
Couldn't stick it in the net, shocking penalty as well.

Have a good day everyone
Aft'noon Bonzo
Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:

What the club has achieved since is just as impressive. Won't list it all, but their youth set-up has gone from being so-so to one of the very best in a quite short period of time. A very good example to follow.

Back