Debenhams first major retail victim.

Hate to see them go. I like to have options for buying clothes. It's one thing I won't do online as I like to try stuff on to see if I can fit into the "Ha'way mate you're having a laugh!" size or not.

High st retail needs to change big time once this is over, i dont know the answers as it won't be easy, but things cannot carry on like this, their will be nowt left in a few years.

Instead of shopping Malls go back to plain old Department Stores.

Look at Metrocentre, Eldon Square, The Bridges. The have a concession in the mall, then one in each of the “department” stores. The amount wasted in rent must be astronomical.

The city centre itself is already fucked. If Debenhams goes, its looking very bleak for the city. I went for my permitted walk yesterday and because of the lack of people around it was even more noticeable how many buildings are without occupiers. Some of the buildings with occupiers may find it difficult to reopen once the current crisis is over. I really fear for the city and its future.
All cities and towns are in the same boat The people living in city centre may be helping some shops tick over

Instead of shopping Malls go back to plain old Department Stores.

Look at Metrocentre, Eldon Square, The Bridges. The have a concession in the mall, then one in each of the “department” stores. The amount wasted in rent must be astronomical.
i suspect the stand alones are on pretty good terms in the current climate

Back