Death Stranding

The reviews I've just read paint it pretty poorly but rate it high? Never seen anything like it before! :lol: Doesn't sound as if it is for me, like.

review are all over the place, IGN which is usually glowing about all big games gives it 6.8 then loads of others give it 10/10 or 9/10. Sounds like its just an endless sequence of fetch quests.

Since the first videos came out I've thought it probably wasnt for me. Never been a huge fan of kojimas games.

It definitely won't be for everyone, think Kojima even said that. I will probably like it if his usual underlying theme is strong and comes across well. It could be like MGS2, left a good amount of people upset at the time of release but it is actually IMO one of, if not, his best game. People wanting MGS will be dissappointed as will people after the usual triple A title action packed game.

People either going to hate it or love it, will be buying it as I tend to always like games that are a bit different and not just mindless shooters which seems to be the norm these days.

It's strange to see so much variation in the reviews, with some saying it's the better than mgs / a game of the year . Then others saying it's just a boring walking simulator haha.

It definitely won't be for everyone, think Kojima even said that. I will probably like it if his usual underlying theme is strong and comes across well. It could be like MGS2, left a good amount of people upset at the time of release but it is actually IMO one of, if not, his best game. People wanting MGS will be dissappointed as will people after the usual triple A title action packed game.

Aye was good that. Bit too much Raiden and not enough snake but I liked it.
3 was fun too
Played the first about 200 times

Aye was good that. Bit too much Raiden and not enough snake but I liked it.
3 was fun too
Played the first about 200 times
That was most peoples criticism of mgs 2, they wanted snake not raiden. But that was the whole point of the game. In MGS1 the player is snake and in MGS2 the player is raiden. Raiden talks of how he has done VR training and that is the player having played MGS1. MGS2 has loads of immense detail and underlying themes. Could spend days and days analysing it.
I hope death stranding is similar. I'm looking forward to it, will get it on release day.

Controversial opinion: best thing Kojima ever did is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
Controversial indeed, since LoS2 pretty much killed off the Castlevania series. Wonder why they stopped releasing them (bar the phone game)

I think this is the best line i've read about Death Stranding so far:
"In other words, you’re a sci-fi postman saving the world by re-activating Twitter"

Last edited:
Controversial indeed, since LoS2 pretty much killed off the Castlevania series. Wonder why they stopped releasing them (bar the phone game)

I think this is the best line i've read about Death Stranding so far:
"In other words, you’re a sci-fi postman saving the world by re-activating Twitter"
I honestly didn't think LoS needed a sequel, like. I never played it, heard it was rancid, but Kojima had stepped away by that point, IIRC.

I recently played MGSV. I must say, in comparison to similar games in its genre, it was absolutely shit. Kojima is highly overrated.

I recently played MGSV. I must say, in comparison to similar games in its genre, it was absolutely shit. Kojima is highly overrated.
MGSV is poor and is known to be. But after MGS2 Kojima wanted to stop making metal gear, 3 was saved by him and peace walker was good too. 4 and 5 etc. Were forced by Konami so i wouldnt judge Kojima too much on them. Blame Konami for the shit show they are, in comparison to 1 and 2 that is. They can still be enjoyable.

Back