Death in paradise

Last night was the first time they've ever gone off their tried and trusted formulae. Introduced a more "drama" based theme.
a to be continued ... 2 parter.

Regarding Florence, she was always ok in her vest & shorts combos but really seems to have come into her own this series. She always seems like a really canny lass whenever I've seen her interviewed as well.

It's absolutely terrible. It's got all the makings of one of those shit potboilers they hoy on the box at 1pm for the gannies and the unemployed, yet inexplicably it's bluffed its way into a prime time slot.

It's missing Danny John Jules this series but Ardal Ohanlan is getting better as the Chief.
he was kicked off due to his demands and behaviour apparently

Anyone watch it?

Its like a guilty pleasure I can't stop. It's an easy watch murder mystery type based somewhere tropical. Main character is dougal of father Ted. He probably has a real name but I can't be arsed to Google it.
We spent 2 weeks out there in july last year. Its really nice but a very long way

I really enjoy it but the new apprentice female copper character is shit. Liked Humphrey as the best lead in it (non gay way), female leads seem to be short in the chesticle region for me

Anyone watch it?

Its like a guilty pleasure I can't stop. It's an easy watch murder mystery type based somewhere tropical. Main character is dougal of father Ted. He probably has a real name but I can't be arsed to Google it.

Watched the first two or three seasons on Netflix. Quite enjoyed it. Wasn't Dougal at the time though, it was some other bloke and Cat from Red Dwarf.

Quite a different feel to this one. Shame to see Florence go and a hint that Jack May be off as well? Or the internal affairs woman to be a new ongoing character? They can’t leave it with just Ruby, JP & whoever replaces Jack as that would be just like watching a Caribbean pantomime.

Quite a different feel to this one. Shame to see Florence go and a hint that Jack May be off as well? Or the internal affairs woman to be a new ongoing character? They can’t leave it with just Ruby, JP & whoever replaces Jack as that would be just like watching a Caribbean pantomime.

This series has been quite poor, I think it could be reaching the end.

I suspect that the internal affairs woman is Florence's replacement given that wikipedia has this line about episode 7 "Meanwhile, the team welcomes DS Madeleine Dumas to take the open slot." and also lists Madeleine Dumas as a main character for season 8. A quick google reveals that Aude Legastelois, the actress, is 50 so they might be rekindling the will they won't they thing they had with Camille and her two DIs.

Aside form the commissioner and Catherine, they're halfway to having changed the core cast twice over now.

Back