Dean Saunders

They tend to pair Brazil with a complete f***ing idiot in order to try and mask his obvious shortcomings and attempt to make him look slightly competent in comparison. I remember the dark years with Ronnie Irani as his sidekick, and he made Saunders look like Albert Einstein.

They tend to pair Brazil with a complete f***ing idiot in order to try and mask his obvious shortcomings and attempt to make him look slightly competent in comparison. I remember the dark years with Ronnie Irani as his sidekick, and he made Saunders look like Albert Einstein.

When he's got Ray Parlour on, it's like leaving a microphone on in a Care Home

Didn’t he make up a story about signing for Cloughy a few years back or something?

I seen him do a talk in a couple of years back down my way, nice enough fella and the story was funny about cloughy being pissed up threatening him to sign for him, not sure how much is true though

Brazil asked him to tell his funny Hartson story the other morning, big build up and all that when i was sat in car.

Needless to say it was f***ing boring as shite about some world cup warm up match in Tunisia.......and probably made up.

I remember him scoring a hat trick against us in a 3-3 draw at the Baseball Ground in 1991. I was sat amongst the home supporters with a Derby supporting mate, but remember quite a few Sunderland fans around us. Think we went 3-0 up as well. Nowt changes

I seen him do a talk in a couple of years back down my way, nice enough fella and the story was funny about cloughy being pissed up threatening him to sign for him, not sure how much is true though

Maybe it is true. I just seem to remember somebody close to Cloughy coming out in the media, to say it was a load of shite and that Saunders had made it up for some reason.

didnr cloyghs assistant die in 1990?

Aye Peter Taylor, whom Clough last worked with in 1982.
But I'm not on about him.

It's almost like TalkSport hire buffoons so that people get gassing and some even ring the premium rate number to argue with them.

Talk Sport doesn't have a premium rate number. You ring them at normal cost, and they ring you back if they want you on.

Last edited:
Talk Sport doesn't have a premium rate number. You ring them at normal cost, and they ring you back if they want you on.

It's definitely not "normal cost".

talkSPORT Contact List

Studio:
Telephone 08717 22 33 44
Calls to this number will cost 13 pence per minute plus your providers’ access charge.
Text 81089 (texts cost 50p + your standard network rate)
Email using the box above and choosing “Radio show” from the drop down menu

Ronnie Irani as his sidekick

He was the worst radio presenter ever. Absolutely awful in every way.

I’ve stopped listening when he is on like he is useless! Brazil is useless but he is likeable, however the little welsh prick is not likeable in the least, didn’t like the little twat when he was a player either

I remember him scoring a hat trick against us in a 3-3 draw at the Baseball Ground in 1991. I was sat amongst the home supporters with a Derby supporting mate, but remember quite a few Sunderland fans around us. Think we went 3-0 up as well. Nowt changes
He was a decent little player in his day to be fair. Luxurious curly mullet anarl. I remember that massively flukey half volley from the touchline he scored in his Villa days.

didnr cloyghs assistant die in 1990?
Cloughy had a few
Peter Taylor died in 1990 but hadn't worked with (or even spoken to) Clough since 1983

Think it was Alan Hill (his assistant at the time of the alleged meeting) who rubbished Saunders' story

I’ve stopped listening when he is on like he is useless! Brazil is useless but he is likeable, however the little welsh prick is not likeable in the least, didn’t like the little twat when he was a player either
It's a bit car crash, but I do tend to listen on the daily commute. Saunders, Quinn and Parlour are awful. Lawrence Dalagllio is the only decent one. Brian Moore used to be ok too.

Last edited:
He and Harford scored 4 goals each against us that season (including the league cup 0-6 game).

Then Harford scored an og for Luton last day of season.

Hated them both since!

Back