Deadlift issues

Despite my bench and squat going really well lately, for some reason I appear to have forgotten how to deadlift. As in three months ago I was back approaching a 250kg deadlift and yesterday I barely hitched my way to 200kg.

Admittedly after heavy squats but then I’ve always deadlifted after heavy squats.

I don’t have any noticeable back pain. Don’t have any injuries at all. Don’t think it’s a lack of food as my squat and bench are going up.

Got to be a technique issue surely? Anybody know of any good powerlifting coaches in the North East I could get in touch with to take a look?

go train with @Lewberry pie, if nothing else, you'll feel better in yourself after that

Get in touch with Spartan performance up Consett way. I know Jack Lovett trains quite a few successful strongmen/women, including online. Think he trains Dean Maden online.

Last edited:
247.5kg.

Last night was a shitting dog backed effort at 200kg with a dubious lockout.
Sounds shit my best deadlift is 235 so getting better but still shite like, I do find that deadlifts more than anything I can have huge variation between max lift efforts it's very hard to predict how strong I'll be, have you moved gyms or started using a different bar?

Sounds shit my best deadlift is 235 so getting better but still shite like, I do find that deadlifts more than anything I can have huge variation between max lift efforts it's very hard to predict how strong I'll be, have you moved gyms or started using a different bar?

Been at the same gym about a year. I try to use the same bar but can’t always. Seems like that’s not the issue though as it’s been with any bar I use.

There will be something you aren't thinking of, sleep, stress etc it'll come back it's your best lift isn't it?

Final year at uni has done me in like, nearly finished now though and got a 9-5 job which should help.
Not if it’s a desk job or one where you travel to customer sites.

The best job for someone who weight trains would be a postman I reckon. You want to be active without wearing yourself out. Office jobs are ok as you can usually rest after workouts but being sedentary will knacker your flexibility.

What major muscle group used in the deadlift would you says is comparatively lacking in more isolated movements?

Back