Dead Rising 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Quininho

Is it coming out on the PS3? Advert looks mint but says its out on Xbox 360.

Not Mr Current affairs am I :oops:

Is it any good, couldn't seem to find a demo on the Store yesterday...

I don't think there is a Demo tbh

Aye, it's a canny game. Some of the bosses are quite hard when your character is in his early levels. Story can be a bit shit with the time limit that you get. You also need to run back to the hideout every day as a task which can get quite annoying too. This gives you less time for side missions but they aren't really important.

Great fun though just walking about smashing zombies. Combination weapons are top notch. Slicycle is a fantastic way to kill 10/15 minutes and is surprisingly VERY satisfying. You can also give a Giant mechanical teddy a machine gun and use him as a sentry.

Overall 7/10

Not Mr Current affairs am I :oops:

Is it any good, couldn't seem to find a demo on the Store yesterday...

I really liked Dead Rising but it is certainly one of those games that split opinion. It can be a bit repetitive and there is time constraints on the game, i.e you have to do certain missions within a certain time etc. Some people hate that.

Hated the first one, this one is playable but its still more of a pain playing it than actual fun.

The time limit on EVERYTHING fucks me off no end. There are all these wierd and wonderful ways to kill zombies but you just don't have any time to actually do it. If you do then 9/10 you fuck up saving someone or a mission as the timer runs out.

To make the combo weapons also requires certain items and again you just dont have the time to actually go out and collect them. Because what your using breaks after about 2 minutes you have to stock up with a full inventory of weapons so you have no room to carry much else.

The bosses are insanely hard and you have no way to dodge at the start, so you have to make do with trying to jump out of the way of the bosses (some are do-able like that, some are impossible). I think ive managed to kill them all so far bar Slappy who was insane and killed me and 4 other humans I was busy saving (took me f***ing ages to get them anarl :mad:).

The save locations are few and far between and theres nowt worse than grabbing a couple of hostages and then going to get another and finding out its a boss fight which kills you whilst your trying to work out what to do and makes the last hour saving hossies worthless as you have to do it all over again.

The game is meant to be played multiple times from what ive heard (fuck that!) which makes doing more of the missions easier. I've saved most of the trapped civilians bar a few (had an old woman that walked slower than the zombies which fucked me off so I ditched it, I later found out that I may have been able to actually carry her :mad:) and 1 maybe 2 where I had to do the main mission at the same time so meant I had no time to save them...

Its not a bad game and its fun when you are actually plowing through the missions. But having no time to actually have any fun on it makes it a bit of a slogfest and like your constantly fighting to complete missions before they vanish (they don't last too long).

Cheers for the reviews guys, that actually sounds a bit disappointing as I hate time limits...get too stressed! Prefer games like Fallout 3 where I can wander round killing things and exploring under my own steam.

If I can find it cheap then I might have a bash at it, otherwise I'll count it as £30 saved as I was going to get it on the back of the TV advert.

Fallout: New Vegas is out in 2 weeks, might be better off saving your money for that if that's how you feel.

I definitely reccomend it when it's cheaper, as it's still a decent game. But if you're like that with Time limits, don't bother just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back