Day Z....

Blyth_Pirate

Midfield
.... Anyone on here play this? It's absolutely crazeee. Wouldn't mind starting a Mackem clan if there's enough interest. However, I am still learning the ropes.

Started yesterday, next thing I know it's gone five in the morning :lol:

.... Anyone on here play this? It's absolutely crazeee. Wouldn't mind starting a Mackem clan if there's enough interest. However, I am still learning the ropes.

is it any good? the reviews i’ve read hammer it

is it any good? the reviews i’ve read hammer it

The Arma 2 mod was fantastic to play about 8 or 9 years ago whilst so many were on it, although it was limited by the game engine.

The standalone early on there was fuck all to do, and was pretty buggy. Now there’s not much interest left as the development never really sped up so now hardly anyone is plays it compared to how many used to.

It's a bit clunky at times, it's very immersive though, gets the adrenalin going though. It's difficult at first and you have to persevere, these two elements alone make it for me. It's not a game you can just play for half an hour, each sesh is potentially days long.

I bought the arma 2 stuff ages ago and just never got round to setting it up. Noticed you can now install the mod from steam I might give it a go.

I bought the arma 2 stuff ages ago and just never got round to setting it up. Noticed you can now install the mod from steam I might give it a go.
It's proper time consuming, it's difficult at first, just concentrate on food and water, get enough supplies and start moving inland, hanging around the coast is suicide, when inland boil any drinking water from lakes and rivers, or you'll become infected and will have to search for antibiotics, trust nobody, it's much harder as a lone wolf.
ETA:
The map is approx 230 square kilometers, also an add on on top of that. It's called Livorno or something like that.

Last edited:
dont think these are talking about the mod, they made it a standalone game you have to buy separate.

There are still some who play the mod but not many

Never played the mod but on the xbox its absolute bollocks. Wander around looking at fuck all, finding fuck all and starve. Repeat until you get sick and switch it off

Used to love the mod when it was at its peak, fallujah map was what we used to play on an american server class mods and the side chat was funny as fuck

Well, had a good five hour stint staying alive last night, was making great progress. Unfortunately I picked up a virus (sound familiar) which saw me off in the end, even had my man sporting a surgical mask. Looking forward to more adventures later tonight.
This game is highly emotive, fear, joy.... It's all in there.

Yeah, I've played it a bit. Complete fuck-on to get a half decent game going.

It's much better with user made mods, which thankfully, are downloaded (and updated) automagically from the launcher (assuming you're on PC)

I play it but it’s on Xbox one. I’m assuming you’re PC?

No xbox one mate. Tag is: nedlab73.

I'll be on tonight, I play on the public streams, there's some really good modded ones. Drop me an invite if you are on, we can go on the rampage.
Nice mate! I’ve got a few pals who play on there too. I usually play on Livonia EU 1st person only 1483. I’ll add you next time I’m on.

Nice one mate, cheers. I have Livonia as well.
I may be on tomorrow night marra if you fancy a game. I’ve got a few alt accounts dotted about the map so should hopefully find you quite soon. My main one is far South of Dolnik but I’ve got a few around the North (Borek etc).
finally bought this as its only £12.99 on the sale haven't installed it yet
What platform marra?

Back