Day off in London - what to do

British Museum - get a free guided tour around something or use the audio tour thing. There’s some amazing shit in there.

Or the British Library and go and see the ancient Mackem paper @janiep was on about.

Or, do you need to have a chat, mate? There are loads of us down here, surely one of us could come out for a coffee in between work if you need to talk. Hope you’re okay.
there are some good people on this board like! x

this thread is actually making me want to pop to London one weekend and do all the museum and stuff that I have never done.

I’m abroad today otherwise I would insist on tea and cakes at London’s best tea and cakes shop. If the weather’s awful (it isn’t where we are, sorry;)) then it’s an indoors kind of day which is a shame, but the others have given you good advice for indoors days in London. Look after yourself, go easy on yourself, do stuff that occupies the mind but also get lots of rest and go easy on yourself.
He should go easy on himself imo.

The LEGO Shop in Leicester Square is worth a visit

:lol::lol: knacker.

Without boring people with details, not doing particularly great at the minute.

I have the day off in London today and I really really need to force myself to get out of bed and do something.

Anyone recommend anything to do? Literally anything at all.

The Griffin opens at lunchtime.

I can easily while away 3 or 4 hours in there

Tate Modern then a wander along the river.

I did it on my own last week and it was an ace few hours out.
There's a video installation called the Clock on at the moment (free). Thousands of movie clips sewn together all showing clocks in real time, as it were (i.e. if the bloke on the clip looks at his watch and it's 10.07, it is 10.07 in the real world). I spent an hour there last week and it really is fascinating. Comfy sofas to sit on anarl.

There's a video installation called the Clock on at the moment (free). Thousands of movie clips sewn together all showing clocks in real time, as it were (i.e. if the bloke on the clip looks at his watch and it's 10.07, it is 10.07 in the real world). I spent an hour there last week and it really is fascinating. Comfy sofas to sit on anarl.

Seb. It's great isn't it?

Where has Mr Rat (OP) gone? …………. I bet he shot through up the rags for leg-over and chips and now bobbed off watching day time telly.

Without boring people with details, not doing particularly great at the minute.

I have the day off in London today and I really really need to force myself to get out of bed and do something.

Anyone recommend anything to do? Literally anything at all.

Haway then, what did you do?

Big telly?
Danger?
Endurance?

Back