Day off in London - what to do

Get yourself round to KX hop on the 09:05 and get yer sel home for lunch time, back on the 20:00 and tucked up in bed by midnight...…………. you know it makes sense :)
Or just go have an adventure. Get to kings cross, get the next train leaving in 20 minutes, stay on for 5 stops and have an adventure wherever you go.

Natural history and science.

The natural history museum is worth it for building itself.. lots of little things to spot

Other option is just go on the piss
Off thread a bit but Waterhouse the architect on The Nat Hist built himself a house on what is now Reading Uni Campus. He designed his study bedroom with panelling shaped like the inside of a Vizer's tent. We had to strip it, loads of dry rot iirc, and rebuild it and the geometry was mindblowing. Took me days to work it out. The buzz when the last panels came in and fitted perfectly was just immense.
For me you can´t beat a day in the National Gallery and the National Portrait Gallery. Whenever I go back to England it´s always somewhere I go to. National History Museum´s great as well as is the V&A.
Greenwich is somewhere that always lifted my spirits too when it was getting a bit much-.

Without boring people with details, not doing particularly great at the minute.

I have the day off in London today and I really really need to force myself to get out of bed and do something.

Anyone recommend anything to do? Literally anything at all.
Just continue as you are - daydreaming.

Without boring people with details, not doing particularly great at the minute.

I have the day off in London today and I really really need to force myself to get out of bed and do something.

Anyone recommend anything to do? Literally anything at all.
I’m abroad today otherwise I would insist on tea and cakes at London’s best tea and cakes shop. If the weather’s awful (it isn’t where we are, sorry;)) then it’s an indoors kind of day which is a shame, but the others have given you good advice for indoors days in London. Look after yourself, go easy on yourself, do stuff that occupies the mind but also get lots of rest and go easy on yourself.

Back