Day off in London - what to do

Tate Modern then a wander along the river.

I did it on my own last week and it was an ace few hours out.

Did Tate Modern, for the first time, when last home. 4 hours i will never get back. What a crock of total shit.

National Portrait Gallery on the other hand..... superb stuff.

Get yourself round to KX hop on the 09:05 and get yer sel home for lunch time, back on the 20:00 and tucked up in bed by midnight...…………. you know it makes sense :)

I'd love to go see me folks like.

Do it! Pop up today, stop overnight and back tomorrow.

If not I'd wander round one of the museums depending on what takes your interest. I love a walk along the embankment or through one of the parks, but it depends on the weather. It's wet, cold and miserable up here.

British Museum - get a free guided tour around something or use the audio tour thing. There’s some amazing shit in there.

Or the British Library and go and see the ancient Mackem paper @janiep was on about.

Or, do you need to have a chat, mate? There are loads of us down here, surely one of us could come out for a coffee in between work if you need to talk. Hope you’re okay.

Haha. Museums and art galleries that's it:lol: That London lot spend 90% in bloody boring museums.
Wallace collection is interesting. Courtauld Gallery is perfect for a thick northerner. Small but with stuff you might recognise.
Walk across regent park. Past the zoo along canal and end up in Camden is good.

Or, do you need to have a chat, mate? There are loads of us down here, surely one of us could come out for a coffee in between work if you need to talk. Hope you’re okay.
SMB at it's finest.

Just had a look at the fixtures, few games in London tonight - everyone’s favourite, Dulwich Hamlet are at home if you do fancy catching some footy.

Haha. Museums and art galleries that's it:lol: That London lot spend 90% in bloody boring museums.
Wallace collection is interesting. Courtauld Gallery is perfect for a thick northerner. Small but with stuff you might recognise.

SMB at it's finest.

Aye, genuine concern and offers of help mixed with museums and advise on types of wank.

SMB at it's finest.
He’s having a difficult time clearly. Any need to be a dick?

I love walking round London.
If you’re cool and into graffiti like me, get to Waterloo and head into leake street tunnel which is 2 mins walk (if that) from Waterloo.
Then walk to shoreditch (1 hr) and just off the high street is the nomadic gardens - a really bizarre place full of Hippys, but loads and loads of graffiti. Doubt there’s a similar place in the uk.
Best two places for Graf in London

You could try heading into some of the oldest pubs in London whilst walking about

For something more conventional , I love the Thames trip to the barrier and Greenwich (get off here for Greenwich market- loads of Street food and have to walk up the hill to the observatory. Beautiful views. There’s the free national maritimr museum too, which is ok)
I really enjoy the river cruises - some really funny commentary by people on board.

Last edited:
Go and sit in this for an hour. It’s particularly good if you like sitting in the dark, have interest in vintage watches and enjoy random clips from films spliced together. It’s free as well:
Christian Marclay: The Clock – Exhibition at Tate Modern | Tate

Don’t bother going to this, it’s absolutely pap: Space Shifters | Southbank Centre

This is a nice thing to do an’all, git relaxing as well: What's on at the Peter Harrison Planetarium

Get yourself a membership for the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square (they’re about £15 a year) and you can go along and see old films for a quid. Unfortunately this week it’s all Christmas films but if that’s your thing then fill your boots: The Prince Charles Cinema

SMB at it's finest.

Literally been to two exhibitions in the past five days, so that’s yay blarn.

Back