Dave Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

So what makes him a terrible producer then?
I don't know...bit bland maybe? He did an album with Bryan Ferry that was shite anarl. No edge to him. Being in a band with that boring scottish crone for years would drive you mad like i suppose

I don't know...bit bland maybe? He did an album with Bryan Ferry that was shite anarl. No edge to him. Being in a band with that boring scottish crone for years would drive you mad like i suppose
You don't know? do you know what the artist wanted their album to sound like, do you know if Stewart delivered the sound they asked for? or failed? just because you don't like it, doesn't mean he's a bad producer, I could think of nothing more bland than Bryan Ferry, what would you expect the producer to do with the material at hand?

You don't know? do you know what the artist wanted their album to sound like, do you know if Stewart delivered the sound they asked for? or failed? just because you don't like it, doesn't mean he's a bad producer, I could think of nothing more bland than Bryan Ferry, what would you expect the producer to do with the material at hand?

Burn it and then get on a horse and chase Bryan Ferry through the English countryside aided and abetted by a pack of hounds?

Burn it and then get on a horse and chase Bryan Ferry through the English countryside aided and abetted by a pack of hounds?
Well yes! there is that I suppose and If I was producing Bryan Ferry, that's what I would do..;)

I disagree, I've got the In Your Dreams album and certainly the track For What It's Worth is a classic song performance and production wise. Rest of the album has some powerful tracks with Stewart contributing and getting music writing credits. Of course it does come down to personal taste, but I thought it was Stevie's best album in some time ....

I disagree, I've got the In Your Dreams album and certainly the track For What It's Worth is a classic song performance and production wise. Rest of the album has some powerful tracks with Stewart contributing and getting music writing credits. Of course it does come down to personal taste, but I thought it was Stevie's best album in some time ....
The Stevie Nicks tack '24 Karat Gold' that's linked in the OP sounds very well produced to me and I'm only listening on laptop speakers, I rate Stewart as a producer his work with the Eurythmics was class, I just think the OP doesn't like him period and so that makes him a bad producer.

He produces terrible stuff?
No he doesn't.

The Stevie Nicks tack '24 Karat Gold' that's linked in the OP sounds very well produced to me and I'm only listening on laptop speakers, I rate Stewart as a producer his work with the Eurythmics was class, I just think the OP doesn't like him period and so that makes him a bad producer.

No he doesn't.

The Production credits are shared between Stewart, Nicks and Wachtel according to the write up, so will have to wait for the album to see which ones Stewart was fully responsible for. However, as you say nowt wrong with the production on that track. Typical Stevie to be fair .... and certainly nowt wrong with the production on In Your Dreams which Stewart was responsible for ....

TLR reckoned he was a twat when he was a teenager. Dave Stewart that is, not TLR.
He was a canny lad at school, always a bit flash - you'd always see him with a guitar over his shoulder or an album tucked under his arm. He could come across as arrogant, but that was probably down to the fact he was talented and was very focused on what he was going to do - he certainly wasn't going down the pit or into the shipyards like the majority of kids at that time had ambitions for!! Just wished he'd fancied me sister, then I might have got some free guitar lessons! :lol:

He's OK, a tad quirky at times but in the main he's a decent lad. He's helped a lot of his old mates out over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back