Dave Stewart NDOYT

• Thread starter Deleted member 48161
  • Start date
He was owner of The Church in Crouch End,when I was living there early 90s seen him and Dylan stood out the front once. Quite a few names passed by there, few good albums knocked out there.
"In 1985 Stewart had been working in Los Angeles with Bob Dylan and invited him to stop by his recording studio any time he was in London. Some months later Dylan decided to visit him and asked a taxi driver to take him to the address in Crouch End – there's a Crouch Hill, a Crouch End Hill, a Crouch Hall to name but three. Dylan knocked at the front door of a house where he had been dropped off and asked the lady who answered if Dave was in. The woman said he was out but would be back in 20 minutes and invited Dylan to come in and wait.

"Twenty minutes later, Dave – a plumber rather than a rock star – returned and asked if there were any messages, to which his wife said: 'No, but Bob Dylan's in the living room having a cup of tea.'"

When Bob Dylan came to Crouch End

Saw that he was using local artist Kathryn Robertson for some artwork on his new stuff which is a excellent thing to be doing in my opinion. Could easily palm that off on to a big agency and leave them to it.

Edit, her work is fantastic as it happens.
Check him out on Instagram all the songs and videos are on there all based on growing up in Sunderland . I think the album will be turned in to a musical Login • Instagram

"In 1985 Stewart had been working in Los Angeles with Bob Dylan and invited him to stop by his recording studio any time he was in London. Some months later Dylan decided to visit him and asked a taxi driver to take him to the address in Crouch End – there's a Crouch Hill, a Crouch End Hill, a Crouch Hall to name but three. Dylan knocked at the front door of a house where he had been dropped off and asked the lady who answered if Dave was in. The woman said he was out but would be back in 20 minutes and invited Dylan to come in and wait.

"Twenty minutes later, Dave – a plumber rather than a rock star – returned and asked if there were any messages, to which his wife said: 'No, but Bob Dylan's in the living room having a cup of tea.'"

When Bob Dylan came to Crouch End
Ate in Banners a few times, good old hippy place, lived just along the road. Can't believe Bob didn't pop in to see me, must have been busy with the plumbers missus.:)

Sound bloke. My mates lad was doing music stuff at Bede college a few year back. Dave agreed to come in and present some stuff and chat to the students. His agent had said it would only be for an hour. He stayed all day and jammed with them all.

Before doing karaoke at Sinatras all night?

I thought he was asked to save the club some time ago only to laugh it off and was pretty disparaging about the place and his school.

Back