Dava McCamm aka Paul Davison of Cheer Up Peter Reid Fame RIP

Great friend of mine who contributed to ALS under the above name in years gone by, sadly passed away last night. I know there are some lads on here (@Luna17 for one) who were also good friends with Paul, but I don’t have contact numbers for.

Paul suffered a life changing head injury a number of years ago but it never stopped him coming to see the lads, and he’s managed to get to games this season, think Blackpool was his last match.

Will be sadly missed 😓.

Any tales of 70’s away trips with Paul from the lads who know him then will be gladly welcomed.

Great friend of mine who contributed to ALS under the above name in years gone by, sadly passed away last night. I know there are some lads on here (@Luna17 for one) who were also good friends with Paul, but I don’t have contact numbers for.

Paul suffered a life changing head injury a number of years ago but it never stopped him coming to see the lads, and he’s managed to get to games this season, think Blackpool was his last match.

Will be sadly missed 😓.

Any tales of 70’s away trips with Paul from the lads who know him then will be gladly welcomed.

Such sad sad news mate. Shed a few tears when heard news today 😥😥.
Got to know Paul Davison thru the Supporters Action For Change group in 1995.
He was also involved with me, Tom Lynn, Ian Chester, Steve Atkinson, Martyn McFadden and Gary Raine on the Cheer up Peter Reid record in 96.
An absolutely cracking lad, good cricketer and MLF.
Absolutely tragic what happened to him, and my heart goes out to Elaine and his son and all those who loved him.
I'm sure the likes of John Mitchell, John McIlvaney and many others will be as gutted as me, Chess, Akky etc, although in reality it is probably a blessing that his suffering is over at long last.
Paul, it was a pleasure knowing you and may you rest in peace content in the knowledge you were loved and respected by all those who knew you.

Sad news and condolences to family and friends
He was also involved with me, Tom Lynn, Ian Chester, Steve Atkinson, Martyn McFadden and Gary Raine on the Cheer up Peter Reid record in 96.
Absolutely tragic what happened to him, and my heart goes out to Elaine and his son and all those who loved him.
I'm sure the likes of John Mitchell, John McIlvaney and many others will be as gutted as me, Chess, Akky etc, although in reality it is probably a blessing that his suffering is over at long last.
Paul, it was a pleasure knowing you and may you rest in peace content in the knowledge you were loved and respected by all those who knew you.
Paul Davison. I knew a lad of that name at school in the late 70s early 80s. His dad had a shop on Hylton road that sold everything

that was thornhill school. I played football with him there . He would be about 57 now

Last edited:
Sad news and condolences to family and friends

Paul Davison. I knew a lad of that name at school in the late 70s early 80s. His dad had a shop on Hylton road that sold everything

that was thornhill school. I played football with him there . He would be about 57 now
That's not him mate

Regarding footy tales, Dava was at OT that day in 74 when a reported 10,000 Safc descended on Manchester.
United fans didn't take kindly to the Scoreboard End being filling up with Safc and launched a huge attack with a huge dust up both on the terraces and on the pitch. Dava who was one of many forced out on to the pitch, pulled out one of the corner flags in order to defend himself from the manc neanderthals !
No doubt there's some on here who will back this story up .
RIP Dava, a true Safc loyal to be the end.

Last edited:
Lovely post mate, absolute top lad and didn't deserve the cruel luck he had with his awful injury, he's at peace now. RIP mate ❤
As if by magic I'm listening to Boom Radio and ' When You're Smiling has just come on as I was posting, spooky!!

Last edited:

Back