Dava McCamm aka Paul Davison of Cheer Up Peter Reid Fame RIP

Such sad sad news mate. Shed a few tears when heard news today 😥😥.
Got to know Paul Davison thru the Supporters Action For Change group in 1995.
He was also involved with me, Tom Lynn, Ian Chester, Steve Atkinson, Martyn McFadden and Gary Raine on the Cheer up Peter Reid record in 96.
An absolutely cracking lad, good cricketer and MLF.
Absolutely tragic what happened to him, and my heart goes out to Elaine and his son and all those who loved him.
I'm sure the likes of John Mitchell, John McIlvaney and many others will be as gutted as me, Chess, Akky etc, although in reality it is probably a blessing that his suffering is over at long last.
Paul, it was a pleasure knowing you and may you rest in peace content in the knowledge you were loved and respected by all those who knew you.

Iconic. We have it on cassette!
Very sorry for your loss.

Very sorry to hear this.

Paul went above and beyond as a supporter of SAFC. Not only was he a regular home and away for donkey's years but he was also an excellent writer on all things SAFC.
He was a mainstay of ALS for years and also IIRC in the local papers and at one time was so prolific that he must have left even Touchline Tommy trailing in his wake.

I would like to think that ALS will include a suitable tribute to him.

As for 70s stories, erm, there is the story about being arrested at Fulham and how he subsequently avoided a fine on his day in court...

RIP Paul/'Dava'.

Very sorry to hear this.

Paul went above and beyond as a supporter of SAFC. Not only was he a regular home and away for donkey's years but he was also an excellent writer on all things SAFC.
He was a mainstay of ALS for years and also IIRC in the local papers and at one time was so prolific that he must have left even Touchline Tommy trailing in his wake.

I would like to think that ALS will include a suitable tribute to him.

As for 70s stories, erm, there is the story about being arrested at Fulham and how he subsequently avoided a fine on his day in court...

RIP Paul/'Dava'.
The word on the street is that he sprayed SAFC on Tower Bridge but I couldn't possibly commitment on that.....

Great friend of mine who contributed to ALS under the above name in years gone by, sadly passed away last night. I know there are some lads on here (@Luna17 for one) who were also good friends with Paul, but I don’t have contact numbers for.

Paul suffered a life changing head injury a number of years ago but it never stopped him coming to see the lads, and he’s managed to get to games this season, think Blackpool was his last match.

Will be sadly missed 😓.

Any tales of 70’s away trips with Paul from the lads who know him then will be gladly welcomed.
Really sad news, i don't think i knew him, but maybe our paths crossed as my mates and me used to go away a lot in the 70's.

RIP Paul

I worked with Dava at the Child Benefit office in Washington - Emerson House - in the mid-to late-80s. He was my supervising officer following a promotion and we got on like a house on fire.

It helped that we had our support of Sunderland and a love of cricket in common - he played for the now defunct Vaux CC, if I remember correctly.

I used to tell my mates that I knew one of the lads involved in 'Cheer up, Peter Reid' but they never believed me.

RIP Dava.

I worked with Dava at the Child Benefit office in Washington - Emerson House - in the mid-to late-80s. He was my supervising officer following a promotion and we got on like a house on fire.

It helped that we had our support of Sunderland and a love of cricket in common - he played for the now defunct Vaux CC, if I remember correctly.

I used to tell my mates that I knew one of the lads involved in 'Cheer up, Peter Reid' but they never believed me.

RIP Dava.
Yeah, spot on. I played for Vaux when still at Southmoor School which is when I met Paul. Always looked up to him. Also worked at Emerson in later life and played with Paul in the work team too!

Back