Dash Cams- What do I need to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that daft bint in the other thread about merging, I'm finally going to get off my butt and get a dash cam. What do I look for? Loop recording? HD? 170? 16 gig card? Do motion sensors switch the camera on when you've been dinged by someone trying to park? How good is 'night vision'?
There seems to a wide price range from £20 to £140. Is this down to electronics/lenses/ease of use?
Please help an old technophobe;).

Nebby fuckers like the OP are the reason good, law abiding folk can't go ton up down the A690.
Au contraire Lurker, I love a good blast down the blacktop myself, it's just that there are more and more arrogant, dangerous, fuckwitted drivers out there these days, and the lying bassas are always looking to off-load the blame for damage.
It's the speed cameras you need to look out for BTW, not me.

It would be an interesting toy. More of a safety measure than anything else. I'd soon get over the novelty, and stop checking the recordings, unless something important or interesting happened. Plus, i'm too tight fisted to splash the cash.
I had a road rage incident on my bike the other day. That would have been worth viewing.

Basically you get what you pay for. My missus has a £29 one and it does the job but if you want quality videoing the spend more for better quality

Bought one off Amazon for £25, records for up to 6 hours. Notified my insurance company I had one and saved me £50. Only thing to remember in the UK you cannot have the display on while driving so I have mine set to go dark screensaver after a minute from turning the car on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back