Das Boot

Das Boot is pretty much my favourite movie of all time, and has been since I watched it in German when I was 8 :D

I am reluctant to watch the series after I saw the trailer. Some of the best things about the original was the use of practical effects and claustrophobia it created.
It may be ok if I call it something other than Das Boot :lol:

Das Boot is pretty much my favourite movie of all time, and has been since I watched it in German when I was 8 :D

I am reluctant to watch the series after I saw the trailer. Some of the best things about the original was the use of practical effects and claustrophobia it created.
The scenes on the u boat are brilliant.

Agreed once I saw the Americans i thought oh dear

The French resistance leader Margo or whatever she was called had an American twang
Who knows mate, she‘s a resistance fighter who was in the Spanish civil war...fuck nars.

But then I did notice a Brit resistance fighter aswell for an episode...and some Germans anarl. Who’d have thought in a world war 2 film.;)

I started watching this but the subtitles are killing it for me. I normally watch telly whilst on the PlayStation or phone and subtitles mean you can’t.

Didn't like all that much personally, why call it das boot when most of the series takes place in la Rochelle?. Maybe if it was called something else I wouldn't have expected as much, but it didn't live upto the name imo.

That said it was nice to see a Sunderland in there early on.

Well I jumped off the cliff, Activated my 14 day now tv trial, and started it.

Have to say it has been so much better than I expected so far.

Hope the series is as good as E01

Onto episode 4.

I'm a bit disappointed with it, but then again, it had a hard act to follow as the film is excellent.

I would have preferred the same type of scenario, without the resistance sub-plot.

Bit disappointed with the ending to be honest, hopefully another season to follow. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Going to watch the original film later.

Just finished it, poor ending, so predictable, as soon as Hoffman was cast adrift it was nailed on he'd turn up at the end, all set up for another series, compared to the original it's poor, lacks the claustrophobia & suspense, plot lines were weak, the resistance stuff was just too predictable, I could see where it was going. I found it strange that at the beginning they touched on the subject of the number of U Boats being lost, but obviously unaware that the Enigma code had been cracked, I think they could of developed this into a better storyline. As for the Yanks in it, best well forgotten, just like the film makers have seem to have forgotten that we were involved in WW2/Battle of the Atlantic.
Rotten Tomatoes 4/10

Back