Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine

Not subscribed to the athletic. Who was he playing for at the time?

Will have been loads of these, wonder how many we’ve had banned over the last 10 year

“Firstly, I would like to stress that the taking of recreational drugs is something that I don’t condone whatsoever,” Murphy said. “I served a suspension at the beginning of last season for making a bad decision while on a night out.

“This was an isolated incident which happened out of competition when we had no game. I immediately regretted it.

“I am not proud of what I did but it’s something I have put behind me as I want to concentrate on my football career.”

Murphy, who is now at Bolton Wanderers and had spells earlier in his career at Luton Town and Waterford United, as well as a loan period at Sheffield Wednesday, was caught last season by what the FA describes as “one of the most comprehensive national anti-doping programmes across world sport.”

He was a Forest player at the time, with Aitor Karanka as his manager, and did not play for the club from October 6 until December 8. He was subsequently moved out of their first-team plans at the start of the current season and joined Bolton as a free agent, scoring five goals in his first ten appearances for the club currently at the bottom of League One.

You can get a years sub for about £20 at the minute, it really is very good, shame it’s playing a part in killing local journalism.

I love reading it like. I know what you mean about the local journalism side though. The American company who owns it is throwing money at it at the minute.

They’ve basically cherry picked a lot of very good journos and put them in one place, which is great for readers.

Their articles are fantastic. They’re definitely aimed at fans rather than click bait which makes for a much better read.

Only downside is that with Caulkin being there, there’s a lot of mag stories.

Back