Darts 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aah I see

James Wade heading for 4th in the world and the top ranked Englishman, and will be in a great position for the world cup. Sort of sends a message to those who didn't think he was good enough for the Premier League
That also means James Wade qualifies for the 2021 grand slam of darts
that said he was probably already qualified for the grand slam as he was runner up last year. either way he's definitely in it now

Last edited:
Insane by Humphries there. Did to MvG what MvG normally does to his opponents. Some of those big outshots were phenomenal, especially the opening 132 and the 128 to go within a leg of victory.

Ridiculous he's not in the Premier League like...
Yup. He doesn't get the credit he deserves and he isn't someone who the promoters class as "box office" yet he delivers time & time again. Maybe the promoters aren't comfortable with his bipolar which was an excuse Hearn used once when not putting him in the Premier League which was disgusting. Good effort by Luke Humphries who at 26 year old will just get better & better and will one day win a TV major no doubt about that he's a class lad and has bounced back well from his personal troubles. Like Humphries said in his interview, James Wade is the best in the world when under pressure. A very enjoyable final but kicking myself lol. I think the pro tour events are next week.

Yup. He doesn't get the credit he deserves and he isn't someone who the promoters class as "box office" yet he delivers time & time again. Maybe the promoters aren't comfortable with his bipolar which was an excuse Hearn used once when not putting him in the Premier League which was disgusting. Good effort by Luke Humphries who at 26 year old will just get better & better and will one day win a TV major no doubt about that he's a class lad and has bounced back well from his personal troubles. Like Humphries said in his interview, James Wade is the best in the world when under pressure. A very enjoyable final but kicking myself lol. I think the pro tour events are next week.
16-19 March. Just looking at the overall stats, both finalists were in the top 10 for 3 dart averages in 9th and 10th but main difference was Wade topped the overall doubles hit (62/119 = 52%) compared with Humphries ending 25th with 44% (56 of 128). Doubles for dough as they say.

From the last 64 games onwards only 16 players had less than a 90 average which is some going. Very enjoyable tournament and nice to see a final played in a good spirit too without the gurning and yelling going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back