Darts 2020

This thread is nothing like as popular as it once was. Are people just not as interested now without the crowd? For me, it's genuinely better because you don't get the booing and Toure, but Sky still produce it well enough with the pumped in crowd noise that you kind of forget it's empty arena.

Group stages are over now and the Last 16 is set. I'm quite pleased for Hunt being a local lad, but Cullen will be absolutely kicking himself. He just needed to lose 5-4 to MVG to progress, and he broke back, and at 3-4 he was on 93 and MVG well back on 244. He hit the treble 19 with his first dart, but then made a right mess

This thread is nothing like as popular as it once was. Are people just not as interested now without the crowd? For me, it's genuinely better because you don't get the booing and Toure, but Sky still produce it well enough with the pumped in crowd noise that you kind of forget it's empty arena.

Group stages are over now and the Last 16 is set. I'm quite pleased for Hunt being a local lad, but Cullen will be absolutely kicking himself. He just needed to lose 5-4 to MVG to progress, and he broke back, and at 3-4 he was on 93 and MVG well back on 244. He hit the treble 19 with his first dart, but then made a right mess

I've not missed a game, watching the darts more than ever. Delighted for Adam Hunt last night, local lad and he's a good lad. He was bottom of the group going into game 3 and had to win 5-0, 5-1 or 5-2 and he won 5-2 despite being 0-2 down. Fortunate to qualify with Cullen messing up but given Hunt was on £4000 prize money finishing bottom, to now qualify, currently rise 14 places in the world rankings and now a minimum £10000 prize money, it's huge for the lad. He's also qualified for the players championship and the worlds as I mentioned earlier. Some good games ahead

All the betting faves have won tonight, and none of them particularly close. Dancing Dmitri 10-3 over Clayton, Wade 10-4 over White, and Whitlock 10-6 over Hunt. Chizzy vs Jim from American Pie's dad now in the final match.

Tomorrow's line up is stacked with big names, but then it clashes with loads of other live sport.

Fair play to Noah Levenstein. He's improved a lot recently and now into the semi finals, beating Smith 16-14. He was the 4/6 pre match favourite against Chizzy the other day as well.

Don't know why they bother interviewing him straight after matches, too much of a loose cannon.

Bi Polar unfortunately. Sky will do whatever they can to fulfil their interview commitments, they won't care about anything. Mind you some of the things Wade has said lately, I find myself agreeing with him over. Same with Gary Anderson

Back